Sign in to follow this  
Guest shingo84

A320 goes crazy during cruise!!!

Guest shingo84

HelloI bought the A319/320/321 a couple of weeks ago. Everything has worked well (ILS approaches, MCDU ...), I've flown a lot of times to different destinations, but , two days ago, I was cruising over western canada and all of a sudden the airplane (A320 CFM) began to move the nose up and down and then the speed dropped, the altitude dropped as well, and the movement got more violent and then the framerate went to 2.0 and the plane stalled and went down to the floor turning around!!! Today I was flying and again the same thing happened after about an hour of flight. I love this product and I really want to solve this. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it ! I couldn't find a similar post , sorry if this has already been discussed.Thanks !Jaime

Guest dt1951

Not really sure what is happening. I have never experienced this action myself. Please include more information. Without having the particulars about all of your settings at the time (AP settings and status, MCDU settings, etc...) it is rather hard to debug.Dan Ward

Guest Phoenix_7

this can be caused by rapid high wind shift in FSif you have the registered ver of FSUIPC you can limit wind effectsalso with FS9, Settings, Weather has some settings to adjustJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest vrapp

I purchased Pro yesterday, made two flights, and both flights ended exactly this way.First time it was immediately as A319 reached cruise altitude.On the 2nd attempt of the same flight, it did not happen when reaching cruise altitude (might be indeed because of the wind: the first attempt was with SB3, thus with weather; the 2nd was offline, with clear weather); but later in the flight I set time acceleration to 4, and it immediately happened.

Guest shingo84

Ok John, I got the registered version of FSUIPC. I don't understand so well which options can fix this. Could you help me with this plase? thanks a lot !

Guest radimz

Hello, I bought PSS Airbus Pro two weeks ago and I have the same problem, especialy with A320. I noted the nose up down movement increase with aircraft speed (above 250 knots)

Guest vrapp

>Ok John, I got the registered version of FSUIPC. I don't>understand so well which options can fix this. Could you help>me with this plase? thanks a lot !on the 2nd tab "Windws" - check "smooth wind changes"

Guest Djebel

HI, I think this problem is due to some settings on the "technical" tab of registered FSUIPC . I solved it by DESELECTING the following options: "discon elev trim axis for ap", "reverse the elevator trim sense". I don't know what is the exact parameter, but deselecting both, my pss A320 works fine..Bye

Sorry that this reply is a bit late on the thread.I just experienced this exact problem in the samereported area (Western Canada) on flight fromPANC to KDEN. I was using real world weather (FSMeteo)with Win XP, FS9, FSACARS. Cruising at MACH .78 atFL390. Only happened when wind exceeded approx 65ktsAND began shifting direction frequently south of Enderby VOR/DME. I will certainly try the above recommendations. Since this happened to me in roughly the same area two flights in succession (three if you count the successful one) I figured it was most likely the jet stream. On my third attempt when things started going bad I immediately descended 4,000ft at a time until the A319 calmed down, which happened at FL230 where wind speed was approx 45kts. > and although still "shifty" I guess the combination of other factors (A/C weight, air density, airspeed, etc.) allowed for controlled flight. Over Kalispell, MTthe windspeed at FL230 dropped to ~31kts and stoppedthe frequent shifting so I started step climbing backup in 2000' increments to FL310 and had no furtherproblems during the flight. Thanks for the suggestions. Ken B.

Ken Boardman

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.