Sign in to follow this  
nickelodeon

Cost Index

HiJust wonder wich cost index to use for my very nice airbus 320.Normally I use 50 but it is real? :-hmmmWich one do you think I shoud use?Thanks everyone and RegardsMaikel

Guest vrandar

British Aiways: CI=20GB Airways: CI=35United: CI=35

Guest pst2306

Is this true? 5 Months ago I talkes to a LH captain and he said 70% and that they are talking of going down to 60 for Innereuropean flights. Charterflights (Condor) were at 30% and longhaul (for the 340) at 30% too...

Guest vrandar

I've no idea what CI LH use, the figures I gave were from the BA Airbus Training Study Guide, the GB Airways FCOM and the United FCOM. There is no reason LH will use the same figures. Also, according to the Airbus document "Getting to Grips with Cost Index" the CI charts for the A340 are very different to the A320 family; often a much higher figure is used.By the way CI is not a percent figure.

Guest Edwin

CX uses a cost index of 60 for its A330s. I assume they use the same for its A340s although that has not been verified.While I'm at it (I know you asked about the small Airbuses but I happen to have the figures for other aircraft in the CX fleet), CX uses a cost index of 60 for its 777s (both the 777-200 and the 777-300) but there has been some rumors that CX will switch to a cost index of 50 soon due to high fuel prices. On the 747-400, CX uses a cost index of 80.Hope this helps.Edwin

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.