Sign in to follow this  
Barbs

PSS A320 Climbout issues

Hi,After a search of the forum there are a few posts explaining this problem but no real solutions offerred, so I'll ask again.I have returned to my a320 after a 12 month break flying other stuff and after reviewing the manuals etc am having problems on initial climbout.Here are the details:PSS a320 IAEZFW 50,000kgBlock Fuel 6,000kgV1=147ktsV2+5=163ktsClimb is fine up until 1,000ft or so, then as soon as I engage AP1 the aircraft pitches up to an impossible climb of 5,000ft/min+ and continues in this way until A-Floor or I intervene.When I intervene and decide to take the AP1 out of managed mode and fly via the Glareshield panel I set 10,000ft, 245kts and leave the rest on LNAV. It completely disregards my commands, continues to climb at an unsustainable rate and when it reaches 10,000ft, it continues climbing.Not only that but on the flight I am currently trying (just a trip around the block to try to sort this stuff out) a right hand turn from 010 to 060 resulted in a loss of altitude of 3,000ft during the turn while it's still supposed to be climbing. Then after the turn guess what? 10,000ft/min!!! climb rate to continue climbing straight through the Altitude set on the MCP.What's going on? When will PSS asnwer this question? It's obviously been around for a while given the number of posts revealed by a quick search.

Hi,Yep, tried that today. No Change.Just spent some time online with Norm trying to sort it out going through the procedures. Everything he did, I did and the same result. Norm's aircraft flew normally, mine kept wanting to climb uncontrollably. It's not just initial climbout either, if I hand fly it up to 10,000ft, get it nice and level and then without selecting any other altitude hit the AP, the thing climbs at 7,000ft/min+ until it stalls. Same thing happens if I select a lower altitude to initiate a descent, as soon as I enable AP1 or 2, it climbs.Could it possibly be a FSUIPC problem? My current version is 3.4.8.0 Registered. I wouldn't imagine Norm would be using anything older, or anyone else for that matter. I didn't install the latest one because it caused some funny weather effects I didn't like.ThanksGreg

Guest Phoenix_7

sometimes doing the following can help solve unexplained problemsdelete the followingmodulesfsuipc.inimodulesfsuipc.dllre install only fsuipc.dllthe latest ver is 3.50JohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hi,While the version of FSUIPC wasn't the issue it did in fact lead me to discover it. Here's a description of the solution for others to see.PROBLEM:Aircraft will not climb at a steady rate of climb and continues to pitch up until stall. Aircraft will also not level off at selected FCU or MCDU altitude.CAUSE:FSUIPC setting for "Disconnect AP Elevator Trim Axis" enabled, preventing the A3xx AP from controlling pitch via the Elevator Trim.SOLUTION:Deselect the "Disconnect AP Elevator Trim Axis" in the Registered FSUIPC Technical settings. I am assuming the non-registered version has this off by default and therefore does not cause a problem.Thanks to Norm and John for your help in this matter and I hope this post can help others in the future.RegardsGreg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.