Sign in to follow this  
mush1960

Airbus radio

This may have been covered before - if so, apologies, but I haven't time at the moment to trawl through the lot! When I load up my Airbus A319/320/321 for a flight, I immediately switch on battery power, and then ground power if available. However, I cannot use the radios (e.g. to get clearance, listen to ATIS) until I start the engines, which is a bit late to be getting taxi clearance! Anyone know why this is and what can be done about it?

Ian Pearse

Old pilots never die, they just taxy off to a distant parking spot....

Guest NormanB

>This may have been covered before - if so, apologies, but I>haven't time at the moment to trawl through the lot! The search button is your friend. Please use it. Also dont forget to sign your name at the end of a post; we find it makes for a much better community spirit.In answer to your question, it has been asked many times and can be fixed by making sure you have the master avionics turned on before changing to the Airbus.

Norman,Thanks for the info.I'll have a root around and check the Avionics settings. Apologies for the name bit - I forgot!Ian

Ian Pearse

Got it! Thanks Norman,Ian

Ian Pearse

You can assign key(s) for "Master Avionics Switch". I amusing> Shift +

Ken Boardman

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.