Sign in to follow this  
mbunjes

No SID's ?

Hallo everybody,I'm new to Airbuses and although I have been known to not entirely wreck a few Boeings in my time (virtually) I was anxious to try an Airbus because I think they are beautiful planes. So I bought the PSS Airbus Pro package.It looks wonderful but I have a (hopefully small) problem.I found Rob Elliot's tutorial flight on the internet (excellent stuff)but when I came to the part where you choose a departure and a runway in the MCDU it said "no SIDS"Tried the default Seatle airport and here the SIDS showed up. Tried some other Airports including my own (EHAM): NO SIDSI looked in the .dat file and sure enough those airports weren't in there.Does this mean I have to go find the SIDS/STARS for all the other airports out there or am I doing something wrong ?Any help to get me into the air would be very much appreciatedMartin

Guest NormanB

Martin,As per my email, NAVDATA is updated in the real world every two weeks. Until very recently we were able to do this also. As such, the NAVDATA available at the time of the tutorial is long since gone. Updated SID and STARs are available from Terry's site as listed at the bottom of the PSS forums.

Guest vrandar

Sorry, been away this week so just catching up on the posts.www.navdata.at is still up and running with the current airac cycle being 0513. A new one is due shortly I believe.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.