Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vermeirea

PSS Airbus Series conversion to FSX

Guest elyab

I've also experienced abnormal behaviour on ILS approach in FSX. Was forced to disengage AP and perform manual procedures.While in FS9, aircraft with the same payload and fuel follows glideslope fine.By the way, brakes overheating effect on taxi and takeoff as well as huge inertia on approach - both look like WEIGHT issue for FS9 models which is probably incompartible with FSX dynamics.May be we need somebody from PSS to solve this.Regards,Eti

Guest w1ngnut

Hi Guys,Installed everything into FSXAll working except ailerons or elevators are not working.I have changed the size entry in the panel config to 2,2 but still no dice.I know it is not a joystick issue, it works fine with everything else and the keyboard keys don't work either.Anybody got any bright ideas?ThanksTrevor

Guest Vermeirea

Hi Trevor,I think your problem is related to FSUIPC. If you have a unregistered version please read the FSUIPC readme file. There is an interesting part about fly-by-wire aircraft.If it is not related to FSUIPC, please send me your panel.cfg I will have a look at it.Best regards,Amedee Vermeire

Guest NormanB

As per a post some weeks ago and pinned in each forum, the ABPro wont be upgraded for FSX since it was originally an FS2002 product, freely upgraded to FS2004.

Guest skytrain

AmedeeI also have the same problem. Not only have I got the problem with ILS but also with the planes (320 330 and 340) capturing any loc. eg on trying to follow the LNAV the planes swing from side to side for eternity and only capture the path after manually assisting them to do so. The take of power is also very low leading to planes overshooting the runways in many high altitude airports such as FAJS. Is there something you have found that we can do to solve this?Seetella

Hey,I did everything, but can't get the controls working.Do you have any idea??I have unregistered FSUIPC 4 (installed)DId I forgot something???PLease help.Thanks in advance,Jacir van Wijk

Guest Vermeirea

Hi again folks,After a lot of error and trial, I managed to remove the 'lazyness' in roll of the A320 series. You have to enter the maintenance mode of the FMGC with a right mouse click on the INIT button. Scroll to the ROLL AILERONS page and modify the entries as follow:Max Acceleration25.000000Deceleration Zone6.000000Max Controller Change2000.000000That' s it folks. It work for me but I need your feedback in order to include this change into my conversion document. I didn't tied this on the A330/340 series for the time being, but if someone has the time to try and report that would be great. I made some test with the new settings in following conditions.MAX TO mass, STD ISA day, flight LATI-LIPE:FL100 300KIAS 40

Guest jgcomp

Re your Post Scriptum: My FMC shows (before changes):Max Acceleration8.000000Deceleration Zone10.000000Max Controller Change2000.000000 (which is actually the same as the new one)________________________________Will soon try your modification and let you knowJG

Guest jgcomp

Well Amedee, You might have done it this time. I just flew CYSJ/CYHZ through CETTY for landing ILS RWY23 CYHZ with great success. Roll appears perfect, catching localizer and glide slope as well. I had nothing but problems before with that same flight. Future will prove whether there are other problems lying ahead but this is really promising. I am anxious to hear from other simmers on this issue. Sincere congratulations.JG

I can confirm what JG experienced. Flew EGLL-ESSA with an iFDG/PSS merged 319 yesterday and had a very nice ILS intercept on 19R. Can't say that I noticed any undue inertia during the approach, but I did indeed get the overheated brakes!Anyway, sincere thanks to Amedee for pointing us in the right direction!Thanks again,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest bransgore

With these modificationss flew A320 EGCC to EGLL perfectly. Full hands off CAT3 landing, stopped on the centre line, many many thanks Amedee for sorting this out for us all. Keep up the good work. Will try the A330/340 now.Mike

Guest bransgore

Hi there,Just flown the A330, EIDW to KORD with the suggested A320 modifications to the FMGC. Although the flight was successful in so far as following the FD and achieving a CAT 3 landing right on the centre of the runway, the aircraft was not as stable in the turns as the A320 is now, +/- 100' in big turns and going through the heading by 5 degrees or so but coming back quickly to establish, never more than half a dot left/right of the localiser. All in all perfectly acceptable and a great inprovement on what happened before. I notice the default parameters on the roll/ailerons page were a little different to the A320, Max accelaration / deceleration the same but the Max controller change was 1000.0000 instead of 2000.0000 for the A320. Perhaps some minor tweaking may be necessary to get the A330 to behave the same as the A320.Anyway thanks for all the work Amedee, hope this is useful.Mike

Guest Vermeirea

Hi JG,Thanks a lot for your message I wrote the default settings down now and I will start research on the A330/340 series. I'm also busy with camera definitions for the A320 series but this need some more work.I'm very happy those setting changes work for others.Best regards,Amedee Vermeire

Guest Vermeirea

Hi Mike,Glad to hear that the changes seems to work +/- with the other Airbus series. I will have a deeper look into those to see if there is no room for more improvement such as the high pitch up attitude of the A320. I'm still trying some more changes, but it takes a lot of time.Anyway, I'm very glad to hear you guys are already stified with those changes.Thanks for all your positive messages.Best regards,Amedee Vermeire

Guest Vermeirea

Hi Norman,As I stated in my original post, I don't expect any support from PSS on this conversion file. The only goal is to get the wonderful PSS Airbus a chance to live within FSX. With some concessions she flies and behave nicely now.Hope you won't feel agressed by this message. This is not my intention. I only want to share with the community the changes I made without any endorsment by PSS. Best regards,Amedee Vermeire

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.