Sign in to follow this  
misgav

A320 constant banking

I've had the Airbus series running for years now. No major problems. Good stable product.I've noticed one phenomenon that needs explaining.Let's say I'm at FL 300 flying due north. There's a wind from the wnw at 50 kts. The plane corrects its heading and points its nose a little to the nw to keep on track.When viewed from the spot position, directly from behind, the plane is on a constant bank of 10 degrees. This is also evident in cockpit view as the horizon is slightly tilted.Is this normal?I don't see this banking in other payware planes such as the PMDG B737. Is this an Airbus behaviour pattern?Eytan Ornstein

I have noticed that effect a couple of times.On one occasion I found I was getting an unwanted off-centre rudder trim - that was visible when checking the Flight Controls page on the ECAM. A joystick recalibration fixed that problem.On another occasion it occurred for no good reason that I could find. I restarted FS and it flew perfectly.Could be worth reinstalling.--Bryn

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.