Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

how to get ground spoilers to deploy??

Guest gooper

I just want to know why the only aircraft that I can actually get the spoilers (wing) to deploy upon landing is the Fokker 100/70. all other aircraft i have such as PIC and DF737 will not deploy the spoilers automatically on landing. is ther a way to fix this such as reassigning the keys to arm the spoilers? I find this problem odd as it does not seem to affect all aircraft as i thought it would (see Fokker 100/70. appreciate any tips with this problem.

Hey Gooper!I tell you! This simulation hobby has got to be weird sometimes!!!!! I can get my spoilers to deploy upon touchdown for all my aircraft, except the Fokker 100 and Fokker 70. The reverse from your issue!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest gooper

Hey Dennis glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem- and you are so right with respect to this weird and wonderful hobby-sometimes i think aliens designed this piece of software given its tempermental tendencies!!

Have you tried 'arming' the spoilers before touchdown. The key combination is Shift-slash. (Shift /) This works for me. You can also arm them by using your mouse to click on the appropriate spot on the spoiler guage, usually visible when you display the throttle quadrant, but this will depend on the aircraft you are using.Hope this helpsMark Underwood(Adelaide, Australia)

Guest Milton

The gauge we used initially required the engines to be at idle upon touchdown (not very realistic). We had to hit F1 to ensure armed deployment. It never seemed to work for me.Anyhow, we reprogrammed the gauge so that it would sense less than 30%? throttle to allow deployment IF the gear was deployed AND on the ground. No problems after that. The Dash 7 deploys spoilers automatically whether armed or not, and retracts 45 degree flaps to 25 automatically for more effective braking.Maybe those particular gauges need a similar "touchup".Milton

With the Fokker you have to hit Shift T to arm the lift dumpers. I think that's the key combination, maybe wrong though as I'm at work. It's in the manual, that's where I got if from and it always works for me. Strangely enough it seems to be about 50/50 with other aircraft. Some work, some don't. Whatever!Do check the Project Fokker manual.Cheers!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)