Sign in to follow this  
Guest chriscp

Insufficient fuel

Guest chriscp

Hello,Problem FMC: "insufficient fuel" Whatever i do i cannot input more than about 1600 kgs fuel.So even for a KSEA KLAS flight at 10000 feet altitude cruise,when i activate the flight, the message "insufficient fuel" appears.B777-200LR has a very long range, and i am unable to manage correctly a small flight ???I tried many many times with different range flights.It never works.I tried with all possibilities, using setup, using FS9 parametersfor ZFW and fuel. If i try to enter parameters set in the default excel paxload sheet,it is impossible.So, when PSS is going to deliver us a good and easy LOAD MANAGER ?????By know i can only fly manualy.I must agree it is a good way flying.No surprise !You manage all flight long by yourself. Why create complicated aircrafts which always have problems.The best way would be to create aircraft whith a very cute flying enveloppe, almost near to the real one.It would not kill FS9 framerate, and FS9 would not crash or freeze anymore as it happens for many customers (even if does not happen to me)If anybody can help me ,i would be gratefull.RegardsChristian P

Are you entering the fuel by using the FUEL tab in setup, reached by clicking SET in the click buttons?There is also talk of a load/fuel manager but no time frame has been mentioned.RegardsMervyn

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

HiI have no such problems at all. By using setup screen I can input however much fuel I need to for my flight. I do miss a load manager though, as figuring out the CG is a bit tricky.

Guest chriscp

Hello,Thanks for answers.I must apologize for the disturb.The problem came from my end:I was entering too much fuel in reserve !!! By now everything is right.I understand all the way of fuel managment.A load manager would be welcome for comfort.I have seen a post about aircraft with nose up during cruise.Mine was doing so too.The problem comes from two parameters:- Speed too low- Too much fuel than necessary. If you enter using the setup the right fuel quantity (including reserve) you will see the difference.To know the necessary fuel quantity, you look at the FMC prog page seing how much fuel is left at the destination airport.If you programmed 2000kgs reserve, if there are 70000kgs you can subtract 68000kgs using the setup.Best regardsChristian P

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.