Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

The Pause that doesn't refresh: A couple of questions?

Last night I repeated my first flight again from KLWB - KSFO. First of all, no significant glitches at all. Great job PSS. However, somewhere within I would estimate 50 miles out from KSFO as I made my approach to KSFO my simualtion paused. Although I did not think that I had done anything, I could not swear that I had not bumped the "P" key so I ignored it. Pressed "P", the flight resumed with no problem including an excellent autoland.I just finished a flight from KLWB - KORD, flight computer controlled all the way with the exception of lowering flaps, gear, and activating the APP mode. On the Knox3 Star, Fort Wayne transition, about 38 miles out and 3 or 4 DME from the Watsen intersection I got the simulation pause again. This time my hands were in my lap. I have never seen this before, and the only thing I have changed in the last few days is to install the T7's. Has anyone else ever seen this happen?Second question: In autoland is the T7 supposed to activate reverse-thrust. This is the only thing that does not activate. Autobrake, reduction of power, speed brake, flare and everything else is perfect to a rolling stop on the centerline. Manually the throttles can be retarded and it is activated just fine. Not really needed, but just wondering?Another question I have already asked in another post: Is there a way to clear the FMC for a completely new or revised flight plan?Phoenix, I know you are probably completely snowed under. Keep up the good work. This thing is coming together as a beautiful package IMHO. Thanks.Respectfully:RTH

Guest Phoenix_7

>However, somewhere within I would estimate 50 miles out from>KSFO as I made my approach to KSFO my simualtion paused.-check SETUP panel, Misc, pause at TOD is unchecked>Second question: In autoland is the T7 supposed to activate>reverse-thrust. -no you must disengage the AP and set thrust to reverse>Another question I have already asked in another post: Is>there a way to clear the FMC for a completely new or revised>flight plan?-go to the RTE page and enter a new origin, it will clear the info JohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

John:The response you guys are giving has raised the bar to a new level!Thanks so much for the kind, prompt and complete reply. I hope all of you are able to find a time to sleep soon.Respectfully:RTH

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.