Sign in to follow this  
Guest AAL149

HOW DO YOU TUNE THE RADIOS?

Guest AAL149

Quick question.How do you tune the NAV radios? please dont tell me to check the manual as I have an I guess I missed it.ThanksSergop

Guest delafran

Sergop & John,I too had a hard time finding an answer to this question. I also read page 50 of the panel manual. Let me quote:"NAV1, NAV2 and ADF radios have auto tuning functions."Fantastic! Now how do I auto tune them?I would rate my knowledge level fairly low and for whatever reason, no light blub went on after reading page 50. Eventually after following the flight tutorial and then reading the FMC manual, page 27 to be exact. I finally put 2 and 2 together.You have to enter in the NAV frequencies into the FMC. :-)In addition, I found that it didn't work for ILS approaches. Neither LOC or APP would capture. After posting a question to the forum, a kind user indicated that both NAV 1&2 need to be tuned to the same freq and have the same crs.I don't recall reading the anywhere in the manual.Hopefully other users can benefit from this. In addition, I would recommend adding a few more words to the docs helping the less seasoned users a little more.Mark

yes i agree Markthe tutorial says nothing about this in the FMC, its pathetic!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

If you open the NAV RAD page of the FMC you can enter the radio freq of the station and then LSK into position repeat on the opposite side if required.That said; if you have entered the departure and arrival airports and selected the arrival runway, then the FMC will automatically tune the departure VOR Enroute VOR's and the ILS (if there is one) saving you the hassle of digging around for the frequencies.With regard to the manual, I am always open to constructive suggestions on how it can be improved, and when possible I am open to making revisions.Stevewww.auspilot.comhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_11_8.gifhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/banner_sc.jpg

yes sorrybut the manual doesnt really go into much details on programming the FMC for the ILS / GS.but i think i figured it out.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest paranoid

Check FMC Manual, Page 27.Rgds,Caesar

Guest delafran

>>With regard to the manual, I am always open to constructive>suggestions on how it can be improved, and when possible I am>open to making revisions.>Steve,Thanks for the willingness to make revisions. :-) All in all, I have to say they are good manuals.I would recommend noting that with the B777 nav 1 and nav 2 are tuned via the NAV RDO screen in the FMC.One item that I haven't figured out yet is the following.Take off in the 777 manually with no Route entered into the FMC. Start manually flying the aircraft towards an airport that has an STAR and ILS. While at 10,000, I tried to get the FMC to create a route DIRECT to choosen airport and then I selected a standard arrival to airport and runway. I then executed the route, turned on the AP. The FMC then told me that I didn't have a route active.I don't have the exact error messages at the moment, but I can recreate them if you would like.ThanksMark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.