Sign in to follow this  
BK

B777-Some issues, Questions, Requests

I have been spending some time with the PSS B777 last day. I wish to share some observations and also a couple of questions and requests.1. SoundThis bird is silent as a grave while on the ground with engines off. Where are the panel switches clicks, the aircon airflow sound? In short, could you make the sound set livelier while not in flight?In the air - No wind sound, no spoilers sound. I know, this is subjective etc, etc but still missing. There is no way spoilers are not heard in the cockpit. It is also a problem - you just forget they are deployed and not so long that you are in trouble... 2. Auto throttleDoes not work so good. A/T lost control on speed (overspeeding) at least 3-4 times during a 7 hour flight and this is in x1 acceleration. More then that is hopeless.3. Questions:-Is there a TOGA switch? Where is it? Sorry, did not find any.- Is there going to be a pushback gauge?- Vertical speed wheel: It seems the help is reversed. It shows + when clicking for negative VS and vise vesa. Is this the way it was supposed to work?4. TCAS - in across the pond flight it seems stucked. Same info presented over hours with no change.Thats itthanksBenny K.

>1. SoundFair call>2. Auto throttleHave not experienced this problem, I have done around 10 flights.>3. Questions:Try the tutorial flight, much will be revealed :)dunno about the pushback gauge, not a problem for me on IVAO.VS makes sense with the positions, the signs may be incorrect though.>4. TCAS Haven't really used itHTH--qnh

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest OneTinSoldier

>3. Questions:>-Is there a TOGA switch? Where is it? Sorry, did not find>any.Click the A/T switch, then... right-clicking the A/T switch will engage TOGA. Just to let you know, it is in the manual.Cheers,Jim Richards

Guest vhm3

I've got the same problem as your #2. No matter what I do, the throttle is stuck wide open. And yes, I followed the FMC procedures to the "T". Running FS 9.1, and the B777 patched to the latest version.Also, really really poor FPS with the panel (single digit frame rates). This was only after the patch was applied. No other aircraft I own are affected by this, and get ~20 or so FPS normally.Chip

I'm getting overspeed problems as well.I've searched the forum but only found references to third party weather programs causing problems by changing headwinds in high level cruize.My overspeed is straight from takeoff. Speed builds and boom overspeed.Patched and FMC route set up with LNAV VNAV active.Any answers or hints as to what to do?

HiRE Sounds. The 777 flight deck is extreamly quite, you need to sit in one, and it will prove that its a very very quite place. The push switches don't really make any noise, the only things which would make noise would be the gear and flap lever.RE Pushback Guage. No Plans as I'm aware, you could use FS Copilot avalible from www.mcdu.comRE TCAS I've had no problemsRE Overspeeds. Not experianced any, you may check your FSUIPC options for wind smoothing etc, that can have a affect.Cheers

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.