Sign in to follow this  
mozart

Any troubles with your server? I have "Download failed"...

Err...?? Don't know who moved this post from "Other" to "Boeing" (despite the fact that it contains issues with other products as well) - but it would be nice if that person from PSS would also post an answer to my question rather than just move my post around.Thanks

Guest Phoenix

Lets try the followingClose all firewalls and virus checkersClear any temp files created by the installIf using winXP Make sure you admin. privileges assignedand in Explorer Tools- Folder Options-OFF-LINE FILES make sure that is activeAlso if on WinXP make sure you are logged in with administrative priviligesAlso in the IE settings make suret "use proxy server for connection on" is switched off!Also shut down any programs like Norton or System Suites.Robert KirklandPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phxbanner.jpg

> Lets try the following>>Close all firewalls and virus checkers>Clear any temp files created by the install>If using winXP Make sure you admin. privileges assigned>and in Explorer Tools- Folder Options-OFF-LINE FILES make>sure that is active>Also if on WinXP make sure you are logged in with>administrative priviliges>Also in the IE settings make suret "use proxy server for>connection on" is switched off!>Also shut down any programs like Norton or System Suites.>>Robert Kirkland>PSS SUPPORT>>support@phoenix-simulation.co.uk>>http://www.avsim.com/pss/phxbanner.jpgRobert, thanks for the tips, but I had of course already tried all of those things after having found those hints in similar posts on the forums.The Airbus 320 has now installed OK (after 18 tries), but still trouble with the A330/340, the Dash8 and the B777. The 777 always interrupts in pack 2, sometimes around 4MB, sometimes around 7MB... What happens is that something in the installer "flips out", and my modem then interrupts the internet connection and resets itself.Of course I have already downloaded new installers from the "my files" section, but I have done a lot of modifications/resets/re-installations (realism settings, CoG, switch of weather, reduce AI, re-install FSUIPC, clear FS9.cfg, do a *complete formatting of my HD on which FS is located*, re-install FS9 from scratch) - all of that only to fly the B777 without swings on the approach. NB: the B777 installed perfectly alright on my previous FS installation, even without switching off all the firewalls etc.So I think I can't be blamed for complaining without having tried all possible remedies posted here on the forum, but you surely understand that now I am absolutely frustrated with this product.Thus, any further hints are greatly appreciated.Chris

I am in the process of setting up my FS2004 again (basically to see whether a new set-up will let me fly the 777 without wild swings on ILS landings :-mad), and I can't seem to complete one single download. Not for the 777, neither for any of the Airbusses, neither for the Dash8.Any problems on your end? Other than the PSS link I have no connection problem whatsoever, my line is a 18MB DSL line, and I have changed nothing to the settings that I usually use to install the PSS planes. This is VERY frustrating. Already I do a complete re-install because your 777 is a picky and sensitive beast, but if I can't even re-install my PSS planes, I am really getting impatient!Thanks for checking things on your side. Chris

Guest NormanB

Chris,Contact me with your account name and I will have your 777 installed and flying today.norman@

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.