Sign in to follow this  
cyb4

Display Error when loading Virtual Cockpit

Hi,using the 777 with VC I have some trouble with the display. As you can see on the attached screenshot below, if I touch with the mouse cursor one of the clickable switches or buttons of the 2-D-Cockpit, in the lower half of the display opens temporary another part of the cockpit (here Overhead Panel). When I move the curor away, it is ok again. That bug doesn't happen when I load a 777 without the VC. I use an Athlon 2600 with 1.25GB Ram, WinXP Home NVidia FX5600 256MB Ram and the newest drivers. Any ideas?

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach
CEO / President of Cyber Air Virtual Airlines  (established since 1994)
Intel I7-4790 with 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram; GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB RAM; Win10 64Bit Home Edition; P3Dv3 and also FSX Acceleration Pack German Version;

No answer yet, PSS?Still no ideas?

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach
Intel I7-4790 with 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram; GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB RAM; Win10 64Bit Home Edition; P3Dv3 and also FSX Acceleration Pack German Version;

Guest brand_da_man

I had the same thing happen to me when i updated my drivers. I had to download a new driver and now it works fine.Brandon

Guest NormanB

Sorry Chris,I didnt see your post first time around.Brandon is correct though - its a video driver issue. Newest isnt always best.

I thought, I got the newest NVidia Driver; but I will look for a better one and report, if the problem is solved.Thx

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach

Hi Norman. I checked it out. I have had the newest NVidia driver installed, also with that is the problem. That problem is also there with an elder NVidia driver. Is there a elder driver version, you can recommend?Best regards

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach

Guest NormanB

Chris,Im not at the FS PC just now so cant recall which driver I use except its ancient :)

Guest Knikolaes

hey Chris, I think ya misunderstood Norman there -- Newest is NOT always best. I have that issue someties as well (or at least I did when running ATI) -- you might actually want to try rolling back to an OLDER driver and see if that actually fixes the issue :-) Hopefuolly you do what i do and save the last 5 versions of any driver download That was I can rolll back a few versions if I have to in order to make sure it is not a driver version issue to rule that out.**smiles**Merry Christmas.

Guest NormanB

Exactly Chris. I had hoped that my himt of "ancient" would have given the game away.

Guest Knikolaes

We'll blame it on the snow here :-)

Hi,problem is solved with a old driver from March 2004. I installed NVidia 6.6.7.2 Display driver and now it is ok with my FX5600 graphic adapter.Thanks for your helpChris

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach

Guest NormanB

Great news Chris. I think thats the driver I have on one of my machines too.As I said, newest is not always best!

Guest Knikolaes

>Hi,>>problem is solved with a old driver from March 2004. I>installed NVidia 6.6.7.2 Display driver and now it is ok with>my FX5600 graphic adapter.>>Thanks for your help>>Chris Awesome! Grats! Now get the heckoff this foruma nd go FLY!!!Yes, I am a hipocr . . oh however ya spell it **laughs**Take care, friend.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.