Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

757 hype

Hi there!>will run to buy this 757 after the what happened with the 777>release? Well i'll be buying it, that is as long as it's released before the 27th March which is wheni start my integrated airline pilot training program!I can undertsand your point of view but PSS are doing all they can to patch the 777, Norman has already told us that the resources that are being chanelled into the 757 program are no longer required in the development of the T7 patch!I'm sure the patch will be out soonRegardsJames

Guest john ramos

hello,good luck on your atpl....thanks for the reply...cant argue with that.....best regardsjohn

Hello there John!>good luck on your atpl....Thanks very much for those kind words, it's very much appreciated!RegardsJames

Guest NormanB

John,>i frequently come to the forum in the hopes of finding better>news.What more news can I give? There are a number of threads in this forum referring to a patch, including one that indicated a couple of us had tested without any issues and another indicating that a well resepcted FDE engineer was now on board. You mention being rushed by the community and part of that was certainly true. I now stand between such comments and the developers to ensure this doesn't occur again. Not even testers get to know dates.There are also other posts on this forum by Ben, Steve and I indicating that all available resources are working on the patch. Only those areas that no longer need work are released to work on the 757. This also includes an additional new hire programmer to speed up the process.

Guest john ramos

hello Norm,thank you for the reply and infinate patience on the forums.i tried not to step on anybody here, but im sure u feel that i speak for must of us and i do realise that PSS is making a great effort to release a patch to get this 777 to high standard. i am waiting to fly her with great enthusiasm. i did try but unfortunately i was one of the many with quite a few issues rendering the 777 unflyable in IFR conditions. this post was only motivated by the high level of quality software that PSS has come to get us used to, and the fact that, as i said the release was rushed. again i urge u to take all this as a compliment.best regardsjohn

Guest NormanB

John, >again i urge u to take all this as a compliment.Constructive critisicm I can read all day and its that which keeps me motivated.

Guest tod

>>Constructive critisicm I can read all day and its that which>keeps me motivated.>Hmm, constructive criticismHow about why did you release a product that was obviously not ready? Not ready by almost 3 months? Maybe a recall is required.Fred

Unluckly people is strange! When they didnt release it people argued and complained because they didnt release it now they argue for the patch. It is true that the pane needs a atch but it is not so unflyable, i thuink now is better to wait for a patch that will solve all major issues than reeasing 10 different patches one per day to read again people arguing anc complaint. It is a Easy simulator and we will always find people not being happy Even with add-on that seems to be perfect

Guest monsoon

The FS world makes me p*ss my pants laughing. It shows the true nature of the human species. We b*itch because the devs dont reveal a release date, then we b*itch because we rushed them to release it only to release a bugged copy, then we b*itch because it takes them a while too patch it correctly. See the pattern? Its pretty bad. Come on guys I am sure we all have other planes in our hangar to keep up occupied.

Guest Steve_Park

First, I have not had one problem with the T7 that I can't live with (MEL).Second, I too am eagerly awaiting the 57.Third, the reason for all the problem's with these and all other developers releases is there are 10's of thousand's of different personal computer configation combination's out there. To get it perfect, they would have to: 1) buy all the different combination's in house to test the software on...talk about high overhead, or 2) get about 2,000 more beta testers....but wait, then who would buy it since we all are already beta testers and have it already?Keep up the good work folks, and refer the folks with all the attitude problems to Thomson or CAE for their simulation's need's.Steve ParkPS personally I vote for option number 2 above:-lol

Guest john ramos

hello, i too am patiently waiting for the 777 patch. in the meantime the 777 sits sadly in a hangar somewhere on the fs virtual world gathering virtual dust and rust.i frequently come to the forum in the hopes of finding better news.ive kept quiet for all this time but seeing some other posts i am compelled to comment. there has been a lot of excitement regarding the pending release of the 757. my observation is what is all the excitement about? shouldnt PSS be concentrated on patching up a baddly krippled 777 which even now has a boxed version? who will run to buy this 757 after the what happened with the 777 release? personaly, i like to think PSS were rushed by a hungry flight simmer community into a 777 release before it was ready for release by the PSS standards we all have come to expect. i like to think that money was not the issue here. i also like to think the community will learn from this 777 case and stop with all this 757 excitement and divert PSS back to getting the 777 flying correctly. finally, i also like to think this post will not be missinterpreted and PSS realise that in fact it is a compliment that the community expects so much more from them.nough said....best regards alwaysjohn

Guest Knikolaes

There's issues with the T7? I must have missed them . . . .http://guildofdarkhaven.org/flying/review_PSS_T7.htmShe flies beautifully for me . . . yes there are a couple of glitches, but other than that she flies great. It almost saddens me when I hear of folks sitting an AC in the hanger before really diving into the systems and giving it a chance. Just following the tutorial step by step opens up a whole world of discovery for the T7.

>There's issues with the T7? I must have missed them . . . .>Chris,with all due respect this sort of comment will do nothing but inflame people. There are some that are experiencing problems that make their purchase unflyable. To this end PSS are preparing a patch. Empathy, not arrogance is the way to keep the peace.--qnhEdit - He meant Scott ;)

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest eduardotgjunior

>To this end PSS are>preparing a patch. Empathy, not arrogance is the way to keep>the peace.Hi,For me is kind of hard to understand, it have more than 3 months, and no patch, just words like that?? Pss started another project, that if you think would need resources(that could be working on the soo spoken "patch"?? Tell me scott, did you know anything about it(issues, anything)?? I bought a product that needs somebody to do this http://rapidshare.de/files/10384404/PSS_77...E_v1.0.zip.html, to work?? Norman said that they have beta testers, didn`t they made any ils approach(to notice the things that we noticed)?? I was a big fan of pss, but know I am not, because after doing things as it should they simple said that they wouldn`t give my money back, because there are peolple that are enjoying flying!!Did you notice that Pss was on the rush, because Wilco was doing the same at the same time! If you guys want, buy the 757 but after this experience and the professionalism of pss(sorry for that, but after all this situation...)! I don`t try to make things soft, I see as they are (they realesed without any payload, with "several things to correct")? Before reply think again: ILS approach, payload, strobe light in the cabin, fde,new project on the way before mine work as it should,...! After all that I don`t have reasons to ask for my money(that I worked everyday to gain) back, and after been refused e don`t knowing anything about the patch, I DON`T HAVE ANY REASON TO BE ANGRY WITH PSS?

Guest NormanB

Eduardo,The 777 had more testers than any previous PSS product. When I click your link I get a page adverting Rapidshare's hosting.The first I (or anybody from PSS) knew of the Wilco 757 was yesterday when it was announced on the AVSIM front page. We however mentioned the 757 at the time the 777 started.The payload utility is an addon which we provided, initially as a spreadsheet and later as an exe. I just checked a recent released 737 on my hard drive and it doesnt have a payload utility of any type.You mention strobe light in the cabin and this is a new one to me - can you please elaborate?I fly ILS approaches each and every day in the 777 without issue, either in its release state or with the patch which I and others are testing.To reiterate, the 757 was being produced alonngside the 777. Its production has effectively halted whilst the 777 is patched. I cant make it more simple than that.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.