Sign in to follow this  
jc_150

My lack of flying skills

Hi All in the forum.I have two general aviation questions to ask, and as one of them occured when I was flying the T7, I thought i would ask here. Due to my bad planning at an airport that I had never been to before I messed up the localiser interception. There is no guarantee that I set anything up correctly as it was the end of a 4 hour flight and then had all sorts of domestic interruptions. What I did notice was the glide slope came down before I was established on the localiser so I pushed the app button hoping to cover up my mistakes, but the T7 got its own back by ignoring the loc. So is it normal for the loc to be ignored if you bad plan an approach and hit app for the glide slope before capturing the loc? (assuming everything else was set up right) because if it wasn't set up right then that would explain the behaviour.My next question is: Could someone please explain the difference between Transition Altitude and Transition level.for example at VHHH the transition altitude is 9000ft and thats when the altimeter gets changed, and the transition level is FL130thanks in advance of any replies.John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hello,See comments after the +++>Hi All in the forum.>I have two general aviation questions to ask, and as one of>them occured when I was flying the T7, I thought i would ask>here. Due to my bad planning at an airport that I had never>been to before I messed up the localiser interception. There>is no guarantee that I set anything up correctly as it was the>end of a 4 hour flight and then had all sorts of domestic>interruptions. What I did notice was the glide slope came down>before I was established on the localiser so I pushed the app>button hoping to cover up my mistakes, but the T7 got its own>back by ignoring the loc. So is it normal for the loc to be>ignored if you bad plan an approach and hit app for the glide>slope before capturing the loc? (assuming everything else was>set up right) because if it wasn't set up right then that>would explain the behaviour.+++ That is normal, yu were closer than what you should regarding to your altitude forintercepting, hus the glide camein befor the lock.Real world rocedure will not allowthe AP to interept glide befor loc.Hereit is the same.>My next question is: Could someone please explain the>difference between Transition Altitude and Transition>level.for example at VHHH the transition altitude is 9000ft>and thats when the altimeter gets changed, and the transition>level is FL130++++ Trans alt is fordeparture,this isthealtitudethat whenreaching you switch to FL,IEalt will be instandard:1013 o 29.92.Thus you gotthe reverse,Tranition Levelwhendescending,is the FL where you go from Standard to altimeter setting.>thanks in advance of any replies.>John CallejaPleasure, Hope this helps.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Thank you Cyrille for your easy to follow anwers, I have read many of your posts and enjoyed reading the answers. It proves again that the only limitation of this plane is the skill of the pilot. I think in future if I get in a bad situation I had better go around. Thanks again for the other answers too, thats another little mystery solvedregardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.