Sign in to follow this  
Guest jdiogo

Another Review from PSS 777 at Simflight.PT

"Also noted was the fact that many reports of possible bugs turned out to be due typical examples of pilots following incorrect procedure or omission in the same, or otherwise features not modelled in the package."Yes, a good remark.. I also find myself trying shortcuts, when there arent."I have the distinct feeling that the B777 requires a little tune-up in Eugene Schneider's flight dynamics

>For example, a 747-400 has very high powered controls. With>little input, the plane reacts well, and fast. All due>hydraulic empowered flight controls. Users may expect a heavy>feels heavy, but it might well be the other way round, due the>help the pilot gets.>So, for an simulator the developper has two options; either>follow the EXPECTED user behaviour, or do what the real thing>does, and get complaints. I suggest a tradeoff, but bias to>the user expectations.>>The FDE on manual handling during approach is a bit touchy..>and during cruise, it has problems on wobbling.. but, the>panel logic may have something to do with it. Try the fde with>the stock 777 and it feels different.>I thought as much regarding these things Johan, that many expect a heavy to necessarily be sluggish, and that it's the PANEL logic that commands certain behaviours, not the fde. I imagine therefore that having rewritten the fde the panel logic must need revision as well to ensure proper integration, and that this process must ne quite time-consuming.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest carlonch

Hello Jorge, great review,I still didn

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.