Sign in to follow this  

Oleksiy Frolov's Dash 8!!

Guest Lobaeux4

Guys, what an incredible airplane. It's hard not to think of this as the Freeware Aircraft of all time!! That's how great I think it is.Flying from EDDT-EDDK, with RC and ActiveSky, I'm dodging thundershowers with the radar, I'm amazed by the sound from this panel!!Now a quick question, I disregarded the wx radar, and flew close and through some precip. I'm not running FSFlightmax right now, so I couldn't confirm, but I am getting clicks through the panel. YES, just like in a real aircraft, I'm getting clicks and static due to what I think are lightining. I haven't seen lightining yet on this trip, but the precip is out there. Does anyone know if this is coded into the sound package? At first I thought it was just a snag in the sound loop or something, then I remembered (having a desk job at work sucks, I don't get to fly a lot anymore in real life) the clicks due to lightning. This really is amazing.Has anyone successfully mated this panel to the PSS model? I know there were some threads on this a while back, but I don't remember anyone coming up with a definitive answer. Also, any talented people out there doing repaints for the Frolov model? I'd like to ask for an America West repaint.Thanks,LobaeuxBTW, anyone want to buy a PSS Dash 8, I just don't seem to be flying it anymore, lol.

I'm with you Lobaeux. I don't know about the clicks, but I do think that Frolov's Dash-8 feels more "real" than the PSS. The PSS panel is possibly the best looking panel of any aircraft I've ever seen, but Frolov's sounds, the systems that he models that PSS left out and his flight model just make it more compelling.

Guest ha5mvo

have to agree!!I feel that that plane is for whatever reason overlooked. it is my own personal impression (correct me if I'm wrong), that people tend to prefer a fancy external model over such things as panel functionality or sufistication. The PSS guys sure score high for the looks of both the plane and the panel but the brilliant gauges, the comprehensive simulation of almost all systems and the wonderful sounds make this one my favourit Turboprop!I trust that with oleksiys programming skills, the upcoming FMC will make theis panel a classic!!Dyiakuyu/Danke Schoen Mr Frolov for an excellent work!!//Mike

I couldn't agree more!! It seems that I can never say enough about this aircraft. It may not have the external looks that the PSS Dash 8 has, but it has everything else, and much more. As was mentioned, the panel functionality is great, the "feel" of the aircraft is amazing, and in my honest opinion, the sounds have to be THE best I've ever heard for a turbo prop. I just purchased the Altec Lansing 641's which have a whopping 184watt subwoofer (400watts total power). Needless to say, when I apply full throttle on takeoff, this thing really sounds like the Dash 8 with the deep drone from the props. Warning to anyone who might have hemmoroids! :-eek What really impresses me is the fact that the pitch in sound decreases as you pull back on the condition levers! I can't recall ever seeing this in other turbo prop packages. Again, making this aircraft as close to the real thing as virtually possible. I have been wanting to try the PSS Dash 8 ever since it was released, but I just keep thinking why spend $50 Canadian (for the plane and Air Canada Jazz liveries) on a Dash 8 when I have a totally FREE and very functional version already. Did I mention it was free? ;-) I too would love for more repaints to

It's got my vote!!!I just love this plane!!!Hard to believe it's freeware.This plane is made for the "serious" sim pilot, no jumping in and flying with this baby!!Tony in Miami

Flash, there seems to be a growing need (read: want) for JAZZ repaints of this bird. I only wish I had the skills required...Cheers,GlennWindsor, CANADA

Guest Lobaeux4

Yes I'd like to see some Jazz and America West repaints as well.Lobaeux

Hello everyone ! Big thanks for the nice words :) This is a little announce : The new 1.004 version will be released before 17.02.03 . And it is much better then the 1.003 (Also from the point of view of the pilots who testing it now).The most important points will be the new autopilot (all new algorithms) with up to 128x speed support, new flight dynamics, new performance to support all a/c weights. Complete rework of the feathering system (auto/manual/alternate). PAX loader with the tunable balance. Correct gear position on t/o. Also new hydraulic system model and improved/new sounds. The better list of changes will be published with the release. --------To Lobaeux - The sound volume can be set from the ini file (in the /ini directory) . The default setting is 255 (max). Note : the sound will be distorted if this value is set below 192.regardsOleksiy.

>Anybody else missing reply 4 through 17? >>Best regards, >>Henri >Same problem here.Tony in Miami

Guest Lobaeux4

/ini folder? Where's that located at it? Is it in the aircraft folder, or in the FS2002 directory?ThanksLobaeux

It is in the aircraft folder . ini/Dhc8f300.iniOleksiy

Guest Lobaeux4

Hmmmm, I might have to download again, I don't seem to have that folder.Lobaeux

This can happen in 2 cases :1. Your Dash version is not 1.0032. You did not extract all the files in the package (so not all folders were created by winzip). This situation may also result on some more failures with the time.regardsOleksiy

Guest wizard01

Hi Henri,Yes, I have now set my res. to 1152 x 864; there is a great improvement, thank you. It also helped when I turned on the panel lighting :).i am also missing Posts, including my own.fanda, thank you also for a fantastic aircraft, the panel is unbelieveable; it's going to take me a few days to learn all the features - I have never seen a panel like it in a flightsim.Ken