Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Load editor cargo load & derate manuals

Is there any way to edit the cargo load in the load editor? Currently, with the -200LR, the maximum ZFW I can load using the load editor is some 62.5 tonnes short of the aircrafts MZFW.I did a search, and a couple of posts dating back to December and January had PSS members stating this was going to be a forthcoming option. Any idea if/when?Also, are there any plans for a derate manual? If not, has anyone got any rough tables for deciding how much derate to use (I'm referring to assumed temp derates, not the TO1/TO2 options.)Any help would be appreciated.

As to the derate; there is a table on page 22 of the PSS777fs9_man_part2 which is available on the Main PSS site, under SUPPORT ===> PRODUCT MANUALS ===> B777 Pro FS2004. Just scan across your weight to find your derate %, then enter a temp on the FMC until you reach that thrust%... at least that's what I do. There is probably a better way to which I'd love to find out about. There are notes below the table that say add 1% for every 2000ft above sea level, and every 10C above standard temp (I'd dearly love to know what standard temp is, actually), and a special note for TO with flaps 5. Hope this helps...- daniel

Standard temp is 15*C. Actually, I did some tests in the sim with the aircraft as close to MTOW as I could (with the limitations of the load config) and it takes about 8000ft of runway to get airborne with full derate (60*C). As all the airfields I operate to have runways longer than 8000ft, I can just use full derate all the time. Might change if a new load editor is released which will allow me to get the last 62.5T to get up to full MTOW.As for the special note for flaps 5 regarding transition to climb power, would this not be handled by the FMC if VNAV is engaged? Unsure...Would it not be possible for any of the actual 777 captains involved in the development to provide a few pages for various length of runways so we can get a rough idea of derates. Or are these documents commercially sensitive?

Come on PSS. I have a post from Norman dated January 15 stating that "Baggage & cargo loading is already addressed and will be available shortly".4 months ago. "Very shortly"??????I would send an email to support, but after sending one a week ago with the problems I was still having post patch with the 777, and still not getting a reply, I'm not bothering. Seems support for the 777 has all but vanished since the patch was released...

Guest Mariner

>I would send an email to support, but after sending one a week>ago with the problems I was still having post patch with the>777, and still not getting a reply, I'm not bothering. Seems>support for the 777 has all but vanished since the patch was>released...Now why does that surprise me??

Guest NormanB

Dave,>Now why does that surprise me??Because you are a cynic? In fact I would be keen to know why it doesnt suprise me. Support simply hasn't vanished. Just because a reply isn't instantaneous doesnt mean it hasn't been read.Phil, apols for missing your post.In regard to the load editor, whilst I have the original (pre update) source code I am not the author. The author (who was deep in studies over the past few months) was in touch a couple of days ago. As and when he has the ammendedments to me it will be made available as a seperate download. Please remember that 8000 feet at Seattle will give a completely different result to 8000 feet at Nairobi for example.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.