Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Sounds in the 777 and 757

I can remember PSS stating that an altitude alert sound was not included with the 777 as it was an airline option. Is this the case with the 757 as well? (I still haven't flown it despite purchasing it - waiting on the load editor)Also, does anyone know any airline that declined to have the altitude alert tone?The cabin is silent in the 777. Again, we were toldthat this was "as the real thing" is. However, the same silence can be heard (or not heard I suppose) with the 757. Yet the 757 has standby instruments that surely would create some whiring or buzzing noises.And why have the button and switch clicking sounds in the 777 reverted to a much more horrid sound with the latest patch than we had before?

Why am I not surprised that this question hasn't been answered by anyone from PSS.Why are there no background sounds in the 757 cockpit when all the systems are on? And again no altitude alert sound. What's the excuse this time?And where is the load editor and fuel planner? Any idea on when these are going to be released? I sincerely hope I won't be waiting 5 months like I had to with the first 777 patch.

There is an altitude alert EICAS caution on the 757, annunciated on leaving the selected altitude. It's a four beep caution tone, not the traditional "C chord". Of course if you don't fly through the altitude, or wander away from it without reselecting a new altitude you'll never hear the alert, which is how the system is designed to work.I don't know about the details of the 757 or 777, but I do know that on the 747-400, a traditional altitude alert is available instead of the default EICAS "ALTITUDE ALERT" message and caution, as a pin programmed selection customer option. I suspect that the Boeing design philosphy for altitude alert on the 757 and 777 is similar to the 747-400.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Oneworld

I have told PSS numerous times about background 777 Flight Deck Sounds, but they are in complete denial, they have been in Flight Deck of 777 and said they could not hear one single sound before ENG start, I too have been in Flight Deck and could certainley haer background air con noises etc, either I have developed superior hearing powers or PSS must have some blockages.If you see PMDG 744, the background noises are perfect, smae with LEVEL D.

As someone who has sat in a 777 flightdeck before, during and after start, there was no air con noise that I heared.The only noises where passengers and PA announcements. The 777 really does have a quite flightdeck!Cheers

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.