Sign in to follow this  
felony

pss777 over correcting on heading select.

Hey guys.Purchased and downloaded the PSS777 about a month ago. Nice plane except for a few issues most noticably the fact that it over corrects on all manually inputed turns.LNAV navigation/turning is fine - always on spot. My bank select is on auto. When I get vectors from ATC and manually enter heading into the AP, click select, the plane will roll to the desired heading and then some. Then back past the desired heading, eventually hitting it.example.Heading 360 on lnaventer 090 in AP, click selectPlane flys to 100Plane flys to 085Eventually settles down to 090Any ideas? I assume i have the latest patch - not sure how to figure that out even!ThanksDan

Dan,This has been a characteristic of the 777 since the first release; in fact I believe that it was improved somewhat with the first update - it was certainly discussed here with the developers. However, although it is still apparent it does not seem to affect overall performance. I guess that, when doing manual turning, George's QFI failed to emphasise the need for anticipation in the roll out!John R

Guest dt1951

Hi Dan, this is pretty well known. I don't know if the real 777 performs in this manner so I can't speak to the reality of it. This problem seems to be worse when more heavily loaded.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.