Sign in to follow this  

Altitude Alert sound for 757?

I do not hear an altitude alert sound in the 757, v1.2. Is this missing on purpose or is there something wrong? I set an alt, the aircraft is in either VNAV or alt change mode, and no sound is played when approaching that set altitude. Im pretty sure all aircraft have some soundThanks

This is a customer option that is not included with the PSS version.I though this was an error first off, but after some investigation, a fair number of airlines don't have the altitude alert (other than when deviating from the planned altitude). A lot of pilots see it as a distraction. I guess it makes sense in these days of glass cockpits where lights should be out and no alert sounds should be herd if everything is going normal.

Guest Phoenix5

Hello Alex,Phil has the correct answer.This sound "issue" was debated vigorously with a real world (and current) B757 captain flying for a UK carrier.regards,

That explains it. All US carriers that I have flown Jump Seat on have the altitude alerter. You flolks really should make that a user option :-)Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.