Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

AI traffic files installation

I have never paid any attention on these so called AI files until now.How are they installed, how do I use the software called Traffic tools to install them and what does this software exactly do?Regard

Hi Arni,Just download ttools from Lee Swordy and of course the toturial.You can find it on www.fsfreeware.com for sure.It's easy to work with it.Regards,Cees

Arni:I'm going to try and simplify it, but you have to slug through the manual at least once first, as most of us have. It will save you some frustration later, but here goes.TTools basically allows us to open and modify the FS2002 traffic.bgl file, which is what the simulator uses to create specific AI traffic and the flight plans that they fly. The program does this with a "decompiler.exe" that generates three text files: 1) an AIRCRAFT.txt, which is a numbered list of all your AI aircraft, 2)the FLIGHTPLANS.txt, which is a huge list of all of the flight plans that these AI aircraft fly in the simulator, and 3) an AIRPORTS.txt file, which is a list of all airports available to the AI aircraft. Now before you rush off and start decompiling and changing things, make a backup copy of your default traffic.bgl file and keep it in a safe place outside the FS2002 folder. Its wise to change the name of the backup file slightly, as sometimes, TTools will find this backup .bgl file and think it is the on you want to edit, effectively rendering your edits of the other traffic.bgl file useless. I call my default traffic.bgl file traffic_2.bgl. It seems to work.Ok, so now, the basic concept is, whenever you want to edit the AI aircraft/flightplans, you first DECOMPILE, make the changes, then COMPILE. Always do this as again you may not be changing anything if you recompile the 3 older .txt files copies TTools stores in it's main folder.You know download AI aircraft(install them just like you would a non-AI plane) and flight plans from the Project AI, FS Painter, Most Realistic Flight Plans, etc, unzip them and add the aircraft and flight plans to their respective .txt folders save your changes and COMPILE the results with TTools, and that's it. Here's a sample of my AIRCRAFT.txt file. I have over 300 AI aircraft installed.AC#1,200,"Beech Baron 58"AC#2,315,"Beech King Air 350"AC#3,430,"Boeing 737-400 Paint3"AC#4,430,"PAI B752 NWA" AC#5,430,"FSP A320 NWA" <--the correct entry hereAC#6,491,"PAI B744 CPA"AC#7,491,"PAI B744 NWA"AC#8,491,"PAI B744 KLM"AC#9,482,"PAI B763 AAL"AC#10,482,"PAI B772 BAW"AC#11,482,"PAI B763 KLM"AC#12,143,"Cessna 208 Caravan Amphibian"AC#13,143,"Cessna 208 Caravan Amphibian Paint1"AC#14,143,"Cessna 208 Caravan Amphibian Paint2"AC#15,175,"Cessna Grand Caravan"AC#16,175,"Cessna Grand Caravan Paint1"I've replaced ALL of my default airliners with real-world counterparts, and in fact, that's a good first step. Before you start adding other planes and plans simply copy and paste a few new aircraft into the existing AIRCRAFT.txt file and you will then see those AI aircraft vs the default Landmark's, Soar, etc EVERYWHERE you fly in the world. Assigning proper planes to corresponding airports is another topic altogether and beyond the scope of this tutorial.For FS2002 to find and create an AI aircraft you must accurately enter the text from that plane's aircraft.cfg folder. Use Notepad to open it and copy the text after the "title" section into the space between the quotations. Most AI downloads will provide you with a rough version of the aircraft.txt file entries you need to make, but of course they have no way of knowing the exact plane you want to install, so just provide a framework which YOU are expected to modify correctly.(fltsim.0)title=FSP A320 NWA <---copy and paste the this textsim=a320200model=cfmpanel=sound=texture=NWAkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=N339NWatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=Northwestatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=AI_Planeui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Northwestdescription=FS Painter For AI only! VERY IMPORTANT: the AC# is specific to individual AI planes, and must correspond to the AC# on the flight plans you want the plane to fly. Here's a sample:AC#5,N8552,87%,12Hr,IFR,01:53:44,07:00:59,100,F,7770,CYKZ,07:53:44,13:00:59,090,F,7771,CYHZAC#5,N37072,84%,6Hr,IFR,02:09:36,04:05:14,330,F,4853,DTTZ,05:09:28,07:05:06,320,F,4854,LEBZAC#5,N36968,99%,8Hr,IFR,00:49:10,03:58:45,300,F,5309,KFFZ,04:49:03,07:58:38,290,F,5310,KRYYSo AC#5 is an Airbus A320 in Northwest livery and will fly all the flight planes the begin with this particular AC#. Understand? Do this for ALL planes you install and take care to make sure the AC# you assign it matches the AC# in the FLIGHTPLANS.txt file. Sometimes you'll have to edit each flightplan entry by hand and this can get monotonous with flightplans of 2000 flights or more...As long as the AC# is not being used by other planes in FS2002, you can just cut and paste the installed AI info into the AIRCRAFT.TXT file, add the flightplans to the FLIGHTPLANS.txt, COMPILE, restart FS2002 and enjoy your new traffic.I know this is alot of info, but it's pretty simple, really. Auto-install files make all of this easier, but I've found they make unwanted changes to my AI aircraft.cfg files when you get a lot of planes installed, and then sometimes you cannot see certain AI traffic anymore. Have fun, read the tutorials and make a backup of your default traffic.bgl file.http://www.fspainter.projectai.comhttp://www.projectai.com/default.asphttp://mostrealisticai.projectai.comGood Luck, Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.