Sign in to follow this  
teofilo

Problems with 757 and COM radios

Hi!!I have been trying to start flying your 757 version 1.3.I get everything working except the COM radios can't tune anything. If I click on the knob where you're supposed to tune them the numbers remain fixed and nothing happens. I can't tune the COM freqs to anything.I tried starting with the cessna and leaving the avionics switch on, then changing to the 757 but so far it hasn't worked.Any suggestions on how to fix this?Thanks much in advance,Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest dmelia

Teo, I get the same problem. Only way I've found that solves it is to ALWAYS start from the default flight - Cessna at Seattle, then change aircraft to your 757, change the time, date and finally go to the airport of your choice. Now set your 757 to start in cold n dark mode, and save flight. Exit FS, restsart it (you don't have to do this but I find that changing aircraft and airports eats process power and it will go slower and slower) go to your default flight again, and this time select flight and pick the one you saved earlier. Your aircraft should be cold n dark so batteries ON, Ground power ON, and try your radios. should be OK now.

Teo & DM,Do a search and you will find to likely causes of your symtoms;1. Not starting with the correct default flight. But not as complicated as above. As long as you load to "Create a Flight" at the default flight, you can change to 757 and set your airport/wx ect - then select fly now. BUT it must be the FS9 default flight not one that has been changed but is called "default" - see the sticky as to how to find this or just delete the flight in the FS9.cfg and allow it to rebuild. Once you have then saved the flight as above, you can start from it - although I always start in "Create a Flight" as its quicker.2. Flat battery syndrome with a registered copy of FSUIPC - a search will show you the details.Please post back if these do not work.John R

Guest coolfront55

Hey John, This maybe a foolish question, but how do you load to "Create a Flight at the default flight?Thanks,George

Sorry it wasnn't clear.1. FS9 wil initially load to "Create a Flight"; "select a Flight"; "Flying Lessons" etc etc - its whichever you used to start FS9 last time.2. The FS9 default flight is the "FLT" it will initialise at when FS9 is first started or if there is no other flight saved in the FS9.cfg. If for any reason this flight has been changed, you need to reset it as I suggested.3. The other option is to follow the detailed instructions on the PSS web site.John R

Ok guys, I tried the suggestions above.They don't work, I keep getting the same COM problem and NAV problem. Can't change the frequencies at all. They are fixed numbers. Also the NAV radio when I set it to MANual, I can't change the frequency, only the OBS. Any suggestions? I tried reinstalling WIndows XP, FS9 and everything and it still doesn't work. I tried starting a default flight with the Cessna, turn everything off besides Avionics switch and then switch it back to the 757 and nothing changes. I turn the Ground power, check the radios and still nothing.Also the ILS doesn't work at all, no matter if I have the correct frequency in the NAV radio, it doesn't pick up the GS or LOC. External lights don't work at all, no Logo light, Wing lights, strobe or position lights. At night the aircraft is just plain dark. Is this normal?Thanks much in advance,Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Guest Phoenix5

I replied to your email, but I would suggest that this is the MS flat battery bug, or the aircraft is not loading correctly.Look in the PSS website FAQ section and it will show you how to set up and load the sim in the recommended manner.

I did it step by step and still nothing.COM and NAV radios are not working at all. ILS is also doesn't working and like I described earlier, the lights on the aircraft model don't exist. No landing light, nav lights, strobes, beacon, Logo light, etc.Please let me know if there is something else I can do.Regards,Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.