Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike Phyrio

Two Questions

Guest Mike Phyrio

I've asked these a couple of other times on as a part of other people's posts here and got no reply so I thought I'd do it in an original post.One: On the bottom right of the 757 display where the DH is (oddly, in the manual, it's on the top right), there's a -6 displayed. The manual says this is the "radio altitude". Is there any way to set this for zero on the ground instead of -6? It's not exactly earth shattering but both my SkyDecks planes can do that and they seem to think it's important.Two: When you you need to start up with the "default flight" and then switch to the 757?1> Every flight, even ones you have saved2> Anytime you create a flight3> Only when you first install the aircraftI've read the instructions on the site and it just isn't clear to me when it MUST be used to avoid problems. P.S. Regardless, I love the plane. It's my weekend.

Well I can't say for sure in the 757 but I fly the 737-800 for work and when we are on the ground the radion altitude displays -4. I haven't asked anyone but I assume this is a correction based on the antenna location so it reads 0 when the main wheels touch the ground. It does read 0 when the mains first touch the ground on landing in the 737 but once the nose wheel is down it is -4. I am guessing this is a normal indication for the 757.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.