Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike Phyrio

Two Questions

I've asked these a couple of other times on as a part of other people's posts here and got no reply so I thought I'd do it in an original post.One: On the bottom right of the 757 display where the DH is (oddly, in the manual, it's on the top right), there's a -6 displayed. The manual says this is the "radio altitude". Is there any way to set this for zero on the ground instead of -6? It's not exactly earth shattering but both my SkyDecks planes can do that and they seem to think it's important.Two: When you you need to start up with the "default flight" and then switch to the 757?1> Every flight, even ones you have saved2> Anytime you create a flight3> Only when you first install the aircraftI've read the instructions on the site and it just isn't clear to me when it MUST be used to avoid problems. P.S. Regardless, I love the plane. It's my weekend.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well I can't say for sure in the 757 but I fly the 737-800 for work and when we are on the ground the radion altitude displays -4. I haven't asked anyone but I assume this is a correction based on the antenna location so it reads 0 when the main wheels touch the ground. It does read 0 when the mains first touch the ground on landing in the 737 but once the nose wheel is down it is -4. I am guessing this is a normal indication for the 757.

Sign in to follow this