Sign in to follow this  
MM

Team AVSIM Practice Thread #2

Another try for MPTO underway. I have the baton.On Bushnet

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Jeff has baton.PS. This is the current Practice Thread.M.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Alex, Jeff is about 1/2 out (plus landing).The Baton is yours at MPTO then, if you want. (I think.) Want to head down the west coast of South America and see the Andes? (Its dark right now...)Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest sfoofficer

Hmmm... nice thought. I was planning due east towards Z09A. I'll take a looksie!Alex

Alex, going down the west side would be good experience for us all.Try Cali SKCL or Bogota SKBO or maybe Quito Ecuador...?In the end, it is your choice.We're in descent over the Panama Canal.M.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest sfoofficer

All ready to go. Heading to Carano, approx 1 hour away. Looks like its at the base of the Andes.Safe landing.Alex

The Baton is free at MPTO.Screenshot to follow.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104757.jpg

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest sfoofficer

I have the baton. ETA - 05:22

Alex,Great news. Just watch out for SKUI. It has VOR. But no runway lights. (It is in the middle of the busy city, so the autogen buildings may show you the way.)Good luck.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest sfoofficer

#@@$##@$#@#%$!!!! - Crash on landing. Sorry guys.Future reference - SKUI is not a good place to go at night.Alex

Guest sfoofficer

I messed it up, so I'm at it again. Baton in hand, same route.Alex

Guest sfoofficer

ARGH!!! Not my day. Computer is on the fritz - this is being written from my laptop.Baton is awaiting next carrier at MPTO. Promise to make this up tommorow.Apologies To All,Alex

Guest KChapman

Cruise planned for 25,500 direct. Connected to BushNet.EDIT: Looking at favorable winds combined with only a one hour flight, I made the call to cruise at 21,500.P-38L

Guest KChapman

Just a hint about SKUI:The runway is 4,599' long and is at +214. Shouldn't be problem to get out at all, but don't linger unnecessarily. There are obstacles to be cleared at each end of the runways.Looking down Rwy 12http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104775.jpgLooking off the departure end of Rwy 30http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104776.jpgOn to the next field (SKCO?)...Kevin