Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfoofficer

Practice Thread #7

Guest Jozef_K

Sven,"you need to enable Push to Talk"On the risk to be considered stupid (which in fact I am ;) ), how do I enable that. I looked in the Settings menu of TS, but did not see it. I noticed that when one of you was speaking, the green light in front of his name lit up.Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg

Menu: Setting, Sound Input/Outpout Setting, Voice Send MethodThen you just need to assign a key - I use F12.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Manolito

harrumph...not that i want to intrude into anything important...justa question: is anybody getting anything ready to take the baton toKJFK at any some time? ;-)

Guest wt1l

Sometime over the weekend. TBD.-Chris

Guest wt1l

Manolito - The team consensus after last night's Concorde leg was we are staying in Europe until the weekend, then we will fly another Concorde run to KJFK. Time and date TBD. It does not have to originate from EGLL, just needs to be near the Atlantic and long runways (10,000'). At this point let's fly in Europe. There's was a suggestion of going back to Norway for some challenging airport practice (ENOV?)On the router issues: Jeff and I had this identical problem a few nights ago. Turns out the problem was on my end, related to router setup. As you guys mentioned above, the ports need to be forwarded to your FS computer. What happened with me is that the ports were forwarded, but my FS computer was set to dynamic IP. So when the router assigned it a different IP than the forwarding IP, it stopped working properly. That was solved by setting the FS computer to a static IP. What's odd about this problem is it does not effect the guy who's causing the issue, but does effect every one else who tries to connect! We all need to iron this out before the race. Please PM me for more details if you need help with this issue - I know how to solve it now.One last thing: During the race we need to limit the baton thread to only "I have the baton..." and "Baton free.." posts. Otherwise it becomes too confusing and cluttered. Let's keep everything else (like technical issues) on a seperate thread. For now it's only practice so no worries, just keep it in mind for the race.Best,Chris

Guest sfoofficer

Since Norway seems to be the place to go, may as well get it going.

Guest sfoofficer

185 nm out, ETE - 0:40.

Guest Jozef_K

Very Nice picture, Alexis! But nevertheless a 9 minutes time penalty! (3 x 3 min.). That is not meant personal, but as a reminder for all newbies (like me)."There is a 2 hour time-limit for each flight. The 2 hours begins when the pilot makes the "I have the baton" post and ends when the pilot releases the baton by posting that it

Excellent screenie, Alex.Yes a penalty here. The "triple penalty" surely concentrates the mind!Jeroen last year pushed us to plan to complete flights with a safety margin of 15 minutes or more...and he was right. So instead of planning 2 hour flights, anticipate that there will inevitably be some delays due to weather or winds or go-arounds.In many cases, such as this, we may have little choice and should be willing to accept a minor penalty. (There was not an obvious "diversion" airport that would have shortened the route once it was begun. Of course, it appears that the B-29 cannot fly 500nm in 2 hours.)Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest jtwillia

"it appears that the B-29 cannot fly 500nm in 2 hours"So Mike,Was that a polite way of chiding Alex for his aircraft selection for the leg? ;-)

Guest Manolito

baton's free at EKYT (Aalborg, Denmark)

Guest sfoofficer

Shorter flight. Faster mount. Headed back towards Heathrow for the weekend SST run.