Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardL

Altitude Callout

Guest RichardL

How do I work around this problem (other than the obvious)?VOXATC requires I report passing through one altitude for another. If VoxATC is talking with another aircraft, I have to wait my turn to reply. By that time I am no longer at "7,500 decending to 5,000". I might be at 7,100. That means I will always need the prompt visible to see the altitude I am supposed to say I'm passing through, even though I may be well above or below it. Could VoxATC catch the altitude value when the PTT button is pressed or could it allow me some leadway when I report an altitude?Enjoying the demo,Richard

You are not required to say the exact passing altitude as written in the prompter, that value is only from when the prompter was sent its message. You can give the current altitude that you are passing through and which altitude you are headed to or if enough time has passed that you are at the altitude assigned you can give that altitude. You will also run into a discrepancy when you are in the flight levels at standard altimeter setting (29.92 above 18,000'), the prompter will sometimes say an altitude a little off from what you are flying at, ie. FL220 and the prompter tells you to say "flight level two two three," just say "flight level two two zero" and the program should advance.Hope this helps,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888