Sign in to follow this  
Guest kloker

prompter fonts and FS atis

Guest kloker

Howdy.First of all, what a great program! Man, talk about cockpit management. It sure is different actually tuning the radios and talking the talk instead of just making a menu selection.Is there any way to change the font size in the prompter? That would make the window smaller. Sort of like AdvDisp in Radar Contact. Or, could the window be docked? That would make it only appear in some views. It's not like you can just eliminate it because it has essential options in it.Also, although I've unchecked all the ATC boxes in FS, when calling ATIS, I always get the FS guy giving WX reports. Any way to shut that guy up?Again, terrific product. A stand alone radio stack is looking more and more attractive. Or a copilot. Maybe a flight attendant, too. keith

Hello Keith,Glad you are enjoying the program :).>Is there any way to change the font size in the prompter? >That would make the window smaller. Sort of like AdvDisp in>Radar Contact. Or, could the window be docked? That would>make it only appear in some views. It's not like you can just>eliminate it because it has essential options in it.You can change the size of the prompter box itself but as far as the writing you can only change the color at this point. This program operates out of a module, therefore doesn't respond like a gauge window where you can dock/undock it, you can however use the "o" key (also assigned to strobes within FS) to toggle the prompter.>Also, although I've unchecked all the ATC boxes in FS, when>calling ATIS, I always get the FS guy giving WX reports. Any>way to shut that guy up?There should only be one box you have to check in the sounds option menu to turn off the ATC sounds from playing through the radio, do you have an add-on weather program that could be sending the ATIS message out?>Again, terrific product. A stand alone radio stack is looking>more and more attractive.I use Aerosoft's ACP Compact and have been very happy with it.Have fun flyin'Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest kloker

Zane,I'm using Active Sky, but I don't think there's voice in that. But, maybe so. When I used Radar Contact, I got the same voice overlay. And, when I tune the destination airport ATIS, the same thing happens. Is it ActiveSky?Speaking of Radar Contact, I sort of miss the guy yelling at me. Maybe you should add a critique in an update.keith

I don't have Active Sky but use FSMeteo. There is an option in FSMeteo for listening to weather on com1 or both com1 and com2 or none. Check the documentation with Active Sky and you should find something that will allow you to modify this.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest kloker

Okay, I did some tests- pretty sure the ATIS voice is FS. I finally fixed it by turning down slider to FS's ATC volume.That's much better. Thanks for the tip about "o" as a prompt toggle. I hadn't noticed that in the manual.Thanks,Keith