Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardL

Wrong Turn Vector

VoxATC is telling me to turn right to 315 instead of left to 315.Here's the setup:I have a flight plan from Charlotte (KCLT) to Atlanta (KATL). I'm told to taxi to 36L. At the hold line, I'm cleared for takeoff and told to turn right to heading 315 after takeoff.At the hold line I'm facing west, so 315 would be a right turn. The first time I flew this FP, I thought I was supposed to do a 270 (+ or - )degree turn to the right to heading 315. Just after take off, while I was turning right, I was told to turn LEFT to 315. If I'm lined up on 36L, 315 would be to my left, at the hold line its to my right.I might be missing something, but it seem like VoxATC is giving one turning vector at the hold line and then another after takeoff.Any ideas,Richard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Richard,The program is probably looking at your present heading when it brings up the turn instruction. I'll usually climb to 1,000 feet (minimum of 500') before initiating any turn and usually tower will give the turn instruction again like you are getting with the direction in relation to your current heading.Zane