Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoung

Tried a quick demo of VOXATC

Guest byoung

Was very impressed. Most people that work with speech recognition and the speech API complain of the pronunciation. I will say that the recognition works really well, as long as you read what is prompted.Has anyone had a problem with not being able to understand the pronunciation? Especially, those of you who have the AT&T voices?A couple of quick comments.. Without using FS ATC, you loose the progressive taxi. Which you don't have in real life, so no big deal.. I have to dig out the aiport charts just like prior to FS ATC and its progressive taxi. Kind of a nice feature for us lazy people I guess.I am still kind of confused on how the FS AI traffic at 50% fits into the equation. There was a call to a United A/C on the ground of which I assume is just chatter? I had my FS ATC on in the background and the FS ATC tower was making calls. I assume you have to turn off the FS ATC first. I would think you would not have any AI traffic at all of very little.Again, I just scanned the docs and played with it for awhile, this is just my first impression. The propter is too large. Can the text font be smaller (I saw that you could change the colors). Maybe the text is large in the prompter to make it easier to read.I plan to test it some more, but would really like to hear the AT&T voices.Take care!Barry

:-wave Hi Barry,>Was very impressed. Most people that work with speech>recognition and the speech API complain of the pronunciation. >I will say that the recognition works really well, as long as>you read what is prompted.Thank you :)>Has anyone had a problem with not being able to understand the>pronunciation? Especially, those of you who have the AT&T>voices?Microsoft's SAPI5 isn't perfect, there are some words that really throw it for a loop and you'll sit there wondering... what did they just say? Fortunately that is not that frequent. The pay voices are better, I haven't purchased them because I think they sound too clear. I am waiting for someone to make a set specifically for VoxATC that simulates the static and anomolies that you really hear over a com unit. Until then, I'll put up with the Cylons.>A couple of quick comments.. Without using FS ATC, you loose>the progressive taxi. Which you don't have in real life, so>no big deal.. I have to dig out the aiport charts just like>prior to FS ATC and its progressive taxi. Kind of a nice>feature for us lazy people I guess.There is a freeware program called

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888