Sign in to follow this  
Guest prdant

RC4

Guest prdant

Is this product a competitor of Radar Contact or different. If the same idea better or worse??

You can consider it a competitor. While Radar Contact is painstakingly correct in its verbage and ATC instructions it is also still limited to keyboard instructions. VoxATC uses correct verbage (for US FAA in current version) it also frees you from the keyboard and uses voice recognition so you speak the requests and responses to ATC. Both are wonderful programs, my personal preference is VoxATC because of the speech recognition.Hope this helps,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest prdant

Thanks, I like the idea of voice recognition. Has the makers of this program got it down, I had an ATC simulator that also used voice recon but it didn't work worth a darn and forced me back to the key board. As a pilot it bugs me to use key strokes, but realize that afterall it is just a game.

The voice recognition is very good... part of that is because the program is looking for specific phrases which are also outlined in the dialogue box which conform to standard terminology/phrasology used by US FAA ATC. This is different from a voice recognition program used for dictation where the program has to determine just exactly what you said for purposes of putting it into textual context.I reviewed this program in January of 2005 for AVSIM if you haven't already read the review.I get better than 95% recognition so very seldom have to repeat myself using the program.If you download the demo and do the initial voice training outlined you will see this for yourself ;).Hope this helps,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888