Sign in to follow this  
Guest sodagar

Vox atc new user help needed

Hello, Have just purchased Vox Atc and its a really cool and a very good addon for FS but the only thing i didnt like is i was flying in Pakistan and in Atc chatter of Vox atc i was listning to airlines like delta ,american etc etc but not Pakistan national airline which is PIA.Why is that so do Vox Atc chatter use only some airlines?and is there any way to add airlines we want in Vox Atc chatter and one more thing its written some where in Vox Atc documents that it uses fs given frequencies,the things were quite right uptill approach freq but Karachi app (in Pakistan)handed me over to ocianic centre now what is that it should handed me to 126.5 karachi east centre but intead it handed me to oceanic centre which is far far and far away from karachi Pakistan.Is there any solution to this.Thankscapt.Sodagar.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Capt. SodagarVoxATC was mainly written with US FAA procedures and flying in mind. Therefore the airlines you would more normally hear while flying in the US. There is a file you can do some editing to that should allow you to set AI airlines for your flying area. Tegwyn or Paul can correct me if I am wrong on this but there is a file called AircraftDesignation.xml which has the airline names listed at the bottom. If you did a default location installation it will be located here: C:Program FilesInternal WorkingsVoxATCAircraftDesignation.xml. With an xml editor you can change these names (keep a backup of the original file ;) ) to the airlines you want represented in your chatter.As for the use of oceanic center, VoxATC will default to this name if there is no entry in the AFCAD file for the airport you are landing at that specifies a center frequency. You can add the specific frequency you need by using AFCAD2 to modify the necessary airport file. I have done this to several AFCADs for airports here in the Pacific Northwest USA that were missing FSS frequencies. Make sure you run the VoxATC indexer after you have made any changes or additions to FS9.Hope this is helpful information and that you can customize your VoxATC for an even better flying experience.Zaneedited to add file location