Sign in to follow this  
Guest coolcatkelso

VOXatc Fatal Error - Solved

Guest coolcatkelso

HiI had a problem with VOXatc. I monitored every step of setting up the software etc and discovered that when I register FSUIPC, Vox would appear with FATAL ERROR - DISABLE VOXatc.. To resolve this I did :-Open the FS2004 folder, & open up the modules folder,Find the FSUIPC Reg Key and REMOVE the serial key for WIDE???Restart flight sim and everything is perfect againI've not actually looked into what the WIDEFS or whatever it is called, does, Anyone know?If someone found another way around the Fatal Error, please let me knowRegardsCoolcat

Interesting Coolcat,I have a registered version of FSUIPC and haven't had this same problem. I have on occasion had a fatal error when I have added scenery or an aircraft and not performed a VoxATC index before using it.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest alfaserv

I have also experienced several FATAL ERRORS with VoxATC UK.This was due to the fact that I created my Flightplans with FSCommander. It seems FSCommander does something that is not recognized by VoxATC, although it does save in the .pln format.When I make exactly the SAME! plan in FS2004 itself, VoxATC has no problems.....Strange, and somewhat irritating....Regards, Jaap

One thing to beware of... I use FSBuild to generate plans and it functions in the same way as FSCommander in that it creates files in .pln format. However, it uses it's own AIRAC which is clearly much more up to date and expansive than the internal MSFS nav data. Even then, I can use an FSBuild-created .pln plan PROVIDING the first waypoint is also in the MSFS nav database. If it isn't, I amend it in the FS9 planner to include an additional point as close to the first one in my FSBuild plan as I can get and resave it. This avoids the Fatal Error on getting the clearance.

Guest lve02000

Hi,I can confirm that FSBUILD flight plans can produce info, which VOX Atc cannot digest.I did not reproduce it in detail, but the following switches are suspicious:Insert Pilot input headerCrossing AltitudeTOLD dataPACOTS tracks.After I switched them all off, VOX ATC was happy.Rgdshk.

Guest emc

Hi,Had also this fatal error prb (on voxAtc UK), I renamed the err.log file into err.log.old.Restarted Fs, enabled voxAtc and everything worked well.Emmanuel