Sign in to follow this  
Guest camtech

type of program

Hello folks out there im wondering what does voxatc do for me, is it a replacement for Radar contact, i also use voice buddy to interact with radar contac.Thanks.......................Robert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

RobertGo to their website at www.voxatc.com and take a look at the online documentation. There is also a demo available. The current version only works in FS2004 but a FSX version is supposed to be in the works. Basically the program simulates realistic ATC communication using Microsofts SAPI5 speech engine and speech recognition module. The standard version of VOXATC uses the Microsoft Mike voice which is very robotic sounding. The deluxe version comes bundled with the ATT Natural Voice speech engine and has voices that sound much more human. However, do not expect the voices to sound like actual ATC communication. The VOXATC program allows you to interact with ATC using your voice with standard ATC terminology. The program generates ATC chatter to simulate flying in the ATC system. However, the current version operates apart from your AI traffic so the comm you hear does not correspond to visible traffic. Version 4, which I understand is in beta testing, will correct this. This program is for simmers who want realistic ATC with two way verbal communication without flying online in a virtual environment such as VATSIM. I have used the program since it first came out and think it adds alot to the simulation experience. It adds a lot to your workload especially when flying IFR. If you are interested I highly recommend you download the demo and give it a try. Good luck.