Sign in to follow this  
pouldam

Making VoxATC (X) perfect

Hi,I just felt like sharing my thoughts on the subject. 'Perfect' will by all means always be a subjective matter, but my personal opinion is that we already have a very good program and the following is the stuff I would like to see in future upgrades to really make it shine.1. The possibility to let the program use more than two different voices for speech synthesis. It is really odd to overhear a conversation where the controller and the pilot have the same voice. I believe this could be added quite easily. Or even better...2. ...use the prerecorded voices that FSX's own ATC uses. This would give us the best of both worlds - high quality voices and speech recognition. However, I have no clue whether this would be possible at all from a technical point of view.3. Let VoxATC X use 3rd party AI planes while enroute and not only around airports. The stock FSX planes used for AI traffic while enroute are not good for framerates and also lack the diversity of the many models and liveries included in 3rd party AI packages. The developer has told me that this MAY be looked into in a future update.4. Add the possibillity to navigate back in the VoxATC panel. I know that '0' normally is used for cancel, but I have several times been caught in a menu, unable to get back to the previous one.What do you feel needs to be adressed to make this nice piece of software even better?/ Cheers, Poul

1 Ability to add more voices would be nice.. true. But 2. Vox as of now has the ability to use third party natural voice your request 2 already exist. Although you have to pay for it.3. For three.. I wouldn't mind pre recorded ATC chatter like how Radar Contact has. This may even simplfy programming cause it gives a perception of enroute traffic without the need to have actual traffic enroute.4. That would be goodBut I would like to add one more thing.Non Linear options. Right now the pop up throws out the next step. But imagine it throws up 2 or three options and the one I read out, would be like the option I want..and it should take it from there.Not sure if Radar Contact and Vox can merge. Both have their advantages. Merging the two ...atleat in theory sounds so sweet!:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter