Sign in to follow this  
Guest Polmer

Is Com 2 inactive for Vox ATC?

Hello,I have a small home cockpit with a radio pedestal with operating Com 1 & Com 2 radios. For some reason, VOX ATC only responds to radio changes in my COM 1 radio. Is this Normal or are others out there using 2 radios to handle to work load?Polmer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

VoxATC only has support for one com radio, this may have to do with some limitations of the SAPI 5 voice recognition and emulator. I don't know how well it would handle the potential for two overlayed voices and just how much it would bog down the soundcard and CPU, not what it was designed for. If you use Active Sky I found that Com2 is perfect for getting weather updates and destination weather via skywatch on 122.0

Hi:I have ActiveSky and find that I'm getting wx reports when on Unicom 122.0 as assigned by VoxATC while on Com1. A most annoying scenario, trying to communicate with ATC while the wx is being reported.Do you know of a work-around so that wx will only be in Com2?Thanks,Sox.

Active Sky wasn't written for VoxATC and therefore supports standard MSFS dual com functions, you can tune skywatch weather on either Com1 or Com2. If you are finding that the flight you have programmed for use with VoxATC has 122.0 as a Com frequency you will have to disable the skywatch function in Active Sky.