Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dbrucem

Version 5.55 for FSX released!

Version 5.55 of VoxATC X is now available. This update includes:Greater numbers of parked aircraft at airports.Airliners allocated gates appropriate for their airline.Tighter approach vectoring.European ATIS format changes.Various phraseology updates.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Seems to stabilize the whole platform a little better! Thanks Bruce!Still sometimes vectors me into mountains, eg. IFR from Prince Rupert BC to Juneau Alaska. Also sometimes repeats a handoff over and over with the same frequency and message.Overall, a tool I cannot fly without.Thanks Bruce.Ken

Ken, to me the major improvement is the tighter vectoring on ILS approaches. Unfortunately terrain avoidance is still an issue. The tighter approach vectoring along with custom STAR's seems to allow me to work around this issue in most cases. Also, you can ignore the vectors until you can safely comply but repeatedly having to acknowledge gets annoying. If it is not feasible for terrain awareness to be incorperated into VoxATC it would be helpful if the developer would add a way for the pilot to respond "unable at this time". This would be in line with real world flying as the pilot is expected to refuse unsafe ATC commands and not blindly fly into the mountain. I agree that this program enhances the Sim experience and for me FS would not be the same without it. Happy flying.