Sign in to follow this  
Guest staang

Cycle 0701 terminal procedures ready for download

Guest staang

Hi all. The 0701 cycle of free terminal procedures for the U.S. are ready for your download at http:PlanePath.com .NEW!I have decided to expand my coverage to include more countries. I have gotten permission from the UK NATS to use their data so I am starting with the UK. The following UK airports are now available in my 28 day cycle offering. These are all the airports in the UK that the NATS supply that have at least one SID, STAR or IAP. Welcome aboard UK...EGAA EGFF EGJJ EGMD EGNS EGPE EGSHEGAC EGGP EGKA EGMH EGNT EGPF EGSSEGAE EGGW EGKB EGNC EGNV EGPH EGTCEGBB EGHD EGKK EGNH EGNX EGPK EGTEEGBE EGHG EGLC EGNJ EGPA EGPL EGTGEGBJ EGHH EGLF EGNL EGPB EGPN EGTKEGCC EGHI EGLL EGNM EGPC EGPO EGWUEGCD EGJB EGMC EGNR EGPD EGSCThe SIDs, STARs and IAPs for these airports are hand made from the current UK NATS real world charts. Consider this a beta run to sort out any errors I've introduced so please report problems to me. Initially I will provide them as a separate download so I can get an idea if there is an interest.Note: The SID, STAR and IAP format varies from aircraft to aircraft. Some FMCs have more leg type capability than others. So, it is possible not all these airports will be available for your particular aircraft simply because the SIDs, STARs or IAPs could not be written in that aircraft's format. Also, some airports only have IAPs so any aircraft that does not support IAPs obviously won't see those particular airports either.Thanks for your support.Terry

Thanks very much for all the hard work Terry, great stuff. However, there would seem to be a problem with EGCC. When entered on the PMDG FMCs (737 or 747) I get the error message "EGCC err:POLD2 unknown" also there are no runways,SIDs or STARs displayed on the FMC. Any ideas as what is wrong?Rgds SteveLincoln UK

Guest aafuss

Hi Terry,I'm impressed at the addition of UK data.

Guest dudley whitney

Terry, do you or anyone else you know provide AIRAC/USFIF updates for the stock FS9? I would like to add all the fixes and waypoints since FS9 was released but can't find a source.Thanks,Dudley

This isn't as easy as it should be, you've hit upon a major design flaw of MSFS in that they sell a product with no update facility for data that changes often.The fixes in FS9 are added my modifying or adding bgl files. This could be easy enough (I've done waypoint updates for KLAS and KATL) except that in the file structure there is a code for "Area" that is used only by MSFS; therefore, there's a limitation to how automated the translation from FAA data can be. Manual intervention is still required for each fix or waypoint. If there were a reason to do this then that would be one thing, but since the add-on aircraft like PMDG rely exclusively on the airac and sidstar data the lack of currency in FS9 isn't a problem.The best source for all US fixes and waypoints is the FAA Digital Aeronautical Information (DAI) CDROM sold at the FAA NACO website. It is about $18/cycle, and contains navaids, routes, fixes as well as arrival, approach and departure routes. However, there is still a fair amount of manipulation that must be done to import the data into a sidstar file, and would be time consuming to translate into bgl files (I anticipate problems with duplication).I don't see an advantage to updating the FS9 bgl data files - except for perhaps the ability to use the default GPS or create FS9 pln files that use the same fixes as the FMC route files. What is the reason that you are looking for this?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest dudley whitney

Thanks Dan for the explanation. The reason I am interested is because I don't use an add-on navigation program and I thought the fix was simple. Given all the manipulation necessary, I now understand why it is done only for a small area or single airport.Dudley