Sign in to follow this  
Guest fastbikkel

Downloaded paintkits for Aerosim L-1011 and DC-10

Guest fastbikkel

Hey there guys and girls,I have downloaded some paintkits from this site.Result, i could not get anything working.I read the included readme.txt, i always do that before i start complaining :-)I have created the texture folders as named in the readme.I have also edited the Aircraft.cfg in the plane's root directory so that i have these "flight.x" adjusted.I replaced the X with the sequential number.Also i put the right textures in the right directories, that is, when i download a paintkit for a 500 type, i put it in the AS_L1011_500.... directory in the texture folder.Also worth mentioning, when i installed the Aerosim Classic V2 software, i can see the l-1011-100 in the menu, but they are all blank, without textures.I got no errormessages when i installed the software and service packs.Another point worth mentioning : I am experienced with files/directories in Fs2004. I have installed many planes and paintkits before. Never had any real trouble until these aerosim paintkits.Anything i could be doing wrong?I restarted flightsim a couple of times, just to make sure.The only thing i haven't checked yet are the file settings, maybe the files have "archive" or "read only" set to them.But before i check that, i wanted to ask here first.

I don't believe the paintkits are intended to be installed as textures in the aircraft fodler, they are layered photoshop files in PSD format that are intended to be edited in either Adobe Photoshop or Corel PaintDhop Pro.

Graeme Butler

Guest fastbikkel

Hmm, it all becomes very clear now.I do think it is weird that the readme files of those 3 paintkits, i downloaded, don't describe anything about this.But i do wanna thank you, now i know it was not my fault. I will now try and see what i can do with those *.PSD files.Still think this is weird, all the paintkits i have downloaded in the past were ready to install.I think i will mention it to the makers, i think they should say it in the readme, im sure there are other people who will run into this sooner or later and have the same frustration.Thanks again.

Hi,The thing is really simple.A paintkit should always be layered PSD files. I know that some developers realeases blank textures, claiming that it is a paintkit.:-rollWhat you are asking for is blank textures. ;-)http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifMy specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Catalyst 6.5ATITool V0.24DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HD

Staffan

Guest fastbikkel

Aaah,You made my last cloud go away. That's why they called it paintkits instead of liveries or something like.:-)Hehe, well i learned something important again, thanks guys.:-)