Sign in to follow this  
Guest jsolson

The Cabin is Ready for Landing

Guest lbb

Yes I did, although I'm thinking about doing a re-install of the entire program. On two recent flights pushing the FA DESC button failed to play the sound file but it did trigger her to come back later to announce the cabin ready!? Maybe I should try a re-install before trying to grips with this issue.I read something about files you have to change manually after an uninstall, but if you do a new install after that I suppose that's not necessary?Leo Bakker

Hello Leo,No need to do a clean re-install in my opinion.Just run the tutorial flight from the manual again line by line.A step is probably being missed somewhere.As has been mentioned before, it's really important that the FMS compute a proper distance to the TOD... make sure that the FMS is setup right, otherwise certain calls won't work properly.Cheers,Bryan

Guest lbb

Major break-through!I decided to keep the brief panel visible for a few flights, to see how the mode changes work. On one flight I noticed how "descending*" turned to "approach" at 7000 ft above runway elevation and lo and behold, the FA was on time. The next flight the mode was stuck in "descent" even though the descent checklist was definitely 100 % completed and in fact I did the entire flight by the book, and sure enough no FA. Quite by accident I discovered that by pushing the main button again I could get the mode to transition to the next level, although I am 100 % positively sure that I did everything by the book and pushing the button didn't play any left-over checklist items either.The same goes for the transition from approach to landing. Even though the approach checklist is completed and confirmed as such by the FO, if the mode remains stuck in approach you will get the FO to ask for it again.In fact, on some through flights I even had a problem getting the ground crew panel to appear. Even though the FCP checklist is completed, the mode sometimes remains in FCP. One extra push of the main button, and presto!And now that I think of it, I had noticed that sometimes pushing the main button once didn't bring out the appropriate checklist, so I had to push it again for something to happen. I now realize that in those cases too the mode was stuck in the previous level, but because the new mode starts with a main button push you simply push again and the problem will disappear automatically. But since the transition to approach should be automatic, you don't notice it didn't happen until it is too late.Anyway, to make a long story short: I now open the panel at a few critical moments, that is after FCP, Descent and Approach, to see what happens, and if the mode gets stuck I will push the main button again to get it to transition.I am really glad I discovered this work-around, it makes the approaches less nerve-wrecking. No more where is that @#^^$&* FA :-)The best wishes for the new year to everyone!Leo Bakker