Sign in to follow this  
Guest amod

auto SID and STAR

Guest amod

Hi, I recently downloaded FS2Crew for PMDG and must say that I am impressed :) !!! I also like the SID/STAR briefing that happens before flight. It would be great if the SID / STAR briefing could be auto generated based on the SID/STAR database of PMDG 737 / AIRAC cycle. As far as I can tell, all these files have specific keywords that could be mapped to voice snippets. Would this be very difficult to do? This way Fs2Crew will be able to brief me on any SID/STAR/IAP and the briefing wouldnt be limited to a small static set.Amod

Hello Amod,Thank you for the kind words. I'm happy to hear you're enjoying FS2Crew.I had actually thought about your idea before. If text-to-speech technology was up to par and sounded 100 percent human, then your idea might be feasible.But that technology is probably still a few years away.All the best,Bryan

Guest amod

hi.. its gr8 that you had thought about it.. what I was suggesting was not along the lines of text to speech, but something along the lines of what you already have (e.g as for the runway condition it is dry, etc..) so we could record some normal voice snippets, e.g. we will depart runway XX and then c/m xxxx, etc.. these should hopefully be easy to generate..amod

That could be done, but if you want to make a real brief you have to include the name of the chart, and a whole bunch of other stuff. To simply record the name of every SID/STAR/IAP in the world... well, that would be huge as you can well imagine!Cheers,Bryan