Sign in to follow this  

The Race Has Begun! Official RTW Race Thread

THE RULESObjective:To be the first forum to successfully complete (and authenticate) a series of flights around the world. It

"Upon the completion of the flight, the member opens the flight analysis window and takes a screen shot (Print Screen key). This screen shot is then posted up onto this thread to authenticate the flight."Please tell me you took a pick of it or the GPS, or else we gotta start over.

No, I'll let it slide since it was the first time, and I've also talked to him both during and after the flight about it. He either made the flight or it's a bigger snow job than is being pulled on New York right now.Keep the baton going guys!!!!

Bump.Come on guys, this is a race!!!!!! We're killing you!!!!

Come on guys we are half way across the pond!Get your tail in the seat.You still have a shot at catching up if you get some h.p. straped on your wings.

Welp, since there's no activity going on right now, I guess I'll jump in the ring and grab the baton.Going from KFFO (Dayton, OH) to Davenport, Iowa (KDVN)Estimated flight time 1:45

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Arrived and parked at Davenport, Iowa, exactly as estimated.. (great timing!)Flight time, takeoff to landing: 1:45Startup to shutdown: 1:53Using the MS Baron 58..EDIT: hmmmm.... just noticed the bit about touching all continents... probably should have went south towards south america...... too late now....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I have the Baton. Going from KDVN to Denver, CO (KDEN)Est flight time 1:40Using the MustangKilstorm

FYI for everyone, I spent about 20 minutes checking distances between the continents. The longest distance required to be flown should be 1013nm between two islands south of the equator in the Atlantic. Team Flightsim.com still has to travel to South America. Also, making a landing in Antartica shouldn't be so hard.Paul Meyer - Morris, C09status.php?id=810173&indicator=OD1&a=a.jhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7b45404593a.jpg

Didn't make it to KDEN. Flight was KDVN - KLBF North Platte Reg, Nebraska.

All,Since the guys have started westward, we might want to pick a route that crosses the Aleutians to Kamchatka, down to Australia's Darwin, west to Singapore and India, the Middle East (careful!) and Greece. Then cross Africa for the Atlantic jump suggested by Paul. Then up the coast of South America and due north to Boston.This suggestion is if we are trying to get a "shortish" route. Antarctic is a very long ways away...Another alternative would be head due south from Denver to catch South America. Then proceed eastward over the South Atlantic and reverse the route through Africa, Greece, India, Australia and so on.Any thoughts about planning? Anyone?Best,Mike MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1