Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

FSSW AutoRandom Transitions Schizophrenic

I recently installed FSUIPC 2.96. Does this break FS Sky World SE's auto random cloud transitions.Everytime FSSE updates the active cloud textures, it goes through this process of 'phasing' out the old textures and phasing in the new. In the past, this 'phasing' in and out of cloud textures was reasonably seamless. However, after upgrading to FSUIPC 2.96, everytime FSSW sets a new cloud coverage (1/8, 2/8, 3/8, etc) - the weather is constantly cleared, then populated with clouds, then cleared again, then populated with a few more clouds, then cleared, then populated with even more clouds. This goes on for about 5 minutes, until FSSW finally stops monkeying with the cloud coverage settings.Annoying. I don't remember this happening before. Is this a defect in FSUIPC 2.96?JPS. The visibility smoothing in 2.96 seems goofier in this version than previously.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's good to know. I don't recall having a problem with the refresh until recently, however. Are you aware of any compatibility issues with FSUIPC 2.96?In the past, with refresh enabled, FSSW would fade the clouds out smoothly...and then fade them in smoothly. Now it behaves thusly: clear the weather, reduce the cloud coverage 1/8, clear the weather, reduce it again....then eventually....clear the weather, increase the cloud coverage 1/8, clear the weather, increase the cloud coverage 1/8...The constant clearing of the weather in between phases destroys any illusion of a seamless fade.J