Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeE

APP mode disconnects

Guest MikeE

Hi people!I have been flying only the -800 for quite a time always together with fs2crew. Then i started again with the -700 for the first time the app mode disconnected when becoming active. This means HDG select or VNAV and ALT hold is enabled before to intercept and the APP mode armed. Now when the APP mode should become active the A/P disconnects, the disconnect warning sound, A/T goes to N1 G/A and the FMC deletes the route. Now you are unable to reengage the APP mode, even if you cycle the F/D. Furthermore the F/D cannot be disengaged at all for continuing raw data. I then reinstalled both the PMDG 737-600/700 + -800/900 with the latest servicepack and fs2crew (latest servicepacks too). I was then able to complete several flights with the -800 without problems. Today I tried the -700 again. When inbound LIRF to MIKSO for ILS16L (LNAV and V/S enabled, APP armed) once again the autopilot disconnected when SINGLE CHANNEL comes on, A/T spooling up to G/A, FMC route deleted, and me pretty busy :-).I don't know where problem relies, but it's rather annoying as I really love the PMDG737 especially in combination with FS2CREW. I hope you can help me.Since I don't know whether it is a problem with the aircraft (which I think) or FS2CREW I crosspost this message in both forums. Sorry for the inconvenience.Thanks a lot, Mike

Hello Mike,Thank you for the kind words.This is a tough one.I suggest posting this in the PMDG forum. Perhaps someone there will know.To confirm, was the 800/900 Optional Models Upgrade installed prior to installing FS2Crew?Were you trying to fly a Monitored Approach?All the best,Bryan

Guest MikeE

Hi Bryan!Yes, the optional models upgrade is installed and no it was a standard precision approach. I personally think it's a bug of the PMDG aircraft. The funny thing is, that I've flown the -800 series for a few hundred hours without any problem. And my procedures are pretty much the same all the time, so I don't think it's any mistake on my side. I posted the same message in the PMDG forum too. Let's hope someone finds a solution there.Thanks for your fast answer, Mike