Sign in to follow this  
byork

Released!!!!! FS2CrewLite: Cessna 172 Edition now available for Sale!!

Captains,I'm pleased to announce that the 172 version in the new FS2CrewLite product line is now available for sale!!!The 172 version of FS2CrewLite is the first cockpit ambiance program ever custom designed to meet the requirements of the increasingly large FS9 General Aviation community.Please read the Pre-Release Information Thread for additional information about what you need to know.You can download the 172 version at:www.fs2crew.comIf you are a reviewer for a Flightsim Publication or a Virtual Airline, please email me at admin@fs2crew.com to obtain a Press Copy.Happy flying!Bryan YorkFS2Crew

Guest Kilstorm McBride

I recently purchased this software and I also purchased the Flight1 172 to go along with it after reading that FS2Crew received an award for their work.I havent had a chance to fully explore it so this thread is not about its goods or bads but more of a request for some lacking items that would make the software even more realistic since this is a first for GA flyers.1) Any chance of adding an FSS Freq feature giving the user the options of opening and closing their VFR flight plan?2)When On the club freq can their be more options of a) report the user is airbourne.:( report the user has arrived and is on the ground.Since both of these features are nonFS related as far as doing anything I dont see where there would be a problem. Just some sound files and another freq selector added.Kilstorm

Hello Kilstrom,Thanks for your feedback.I thought about adding an FSS... the trouble is the conversation with FSS would have to be so generic that I don't know how much value it would add. When opening your plan in real-life you would typically mention your location and your destination, but to do that on a home computer I'd have to individually record the name of every airport in the world, and that's just not practical.Reporting airborne to your club/school: Not realistic. At least I've never seen it done.Reporting arrived: Do you mean closing the flight plan with FSS? All the best,Bryan

Guest Kilstorm McBride

Byran,Thanks for the reply. Well its kinda like this, for the FSS its just a procedure thing just like how push the set belt doesnt really put a seat belt on you. If kept generic where the pilot just ask FSS that Fox Hotel or the say tail number is airbourne and would like to open the VFR flightplan at this time and when its time to close a simple radio call stating that Whatever tail nmber is at its arrival location and would like to close the flight plan would just add to the procedure realism.As for calling the club of airbourne and arrival it could also be considered of a small airline service. Lets say its not a weekend warrior but someone flying the mail or what not. Instead of it being for a club let it be for an operation. So the radio called would be something like "operations- Foxtrot Hotel is airbourne" and "Operations-Foxtrot Hotel is taxing to park". That that I type it it does sound not so needed.Kilstorm