Sign in to follow this  

Quite frankly this AMAZES me!!!!

I'm using the 41.09s. Do I have to remove them first and then put in the 29.42s, or are the 41.09s automatically removed when I place the 29.42s in?Thanks,Robb

I have a G4 Ti 4800 8x. Should I use these drivers your recommending for this card too?

I've got the same performance as you do but with a GF 2 GTS Pro Video card and 512 MB DDR RAM. Everything setup at max except water.These drivers are very good and very very stable.Still i'm planning to upgrade my videocard with a GF 4 128 MB version.Saludos,Jorge

Guest Boaz

To the original post...That has GOT to be with the none detailed default scenery and almost no AI!Try taking a trip to my FSPainter/PAI dominated Heathrow! That will bring your frame rates to it's knees!I just can't understand it if someone who has 200MHZ more than I do could have like 3 times the frame rates!Please reply if it is under those AI/scenery conditions...;)Boaz...

Guest macman4

how do I unistall other drivers. I can't find Detonator destroyer for XP

Windows XP+SP1, PIV 2.4, TI4200, 1152x864Situation: Default, panel hidden, clear weather, no AI, everything maxed.29.42NO AA: 38-41AAx2: 3541.09NO AA: 39-45AAx2: 33The problem was the cameback of the AA problems with SP1. Tried with AA on Control panel and AA in FS same problem. Of course the results are my system specific and that means a lot.Jos

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,I am presently using the Omega drivers. Now, with a GF4600 TI, will these drivers be as good or better than the Omega?Thanks,ClayP4 1.8 oc to 2.24600Ti GF 4512 ram 2100pci

Do these drivers you recommend do as well for the GeForce4 as they do for the GeForce3 cards? Also, do I have to remove my old drivers before I install the new one, or is the old driver automatically removed? Thanks,Robb

Guest Lindy

Robb, everyone must be so excited about these drivers that your question is being overlooked........ sorry about that.Basically the short answer is yes, it's usually a very good idea to uninstall the old drivers before installing new ones. How do you do that? Well, the only way I've ever done it is through the Display Properties. I run Win98SE and have no background in changing drivers of any other operating system.What operating system do you have?-Lindy :-wave

Guest abent

These drivers have definitely made a difference for me. I installed them about an hour ago and did a test. They are absolutely smoother and I too have raised my frame rate lock - to 33. The fps stay right around 33. Scenery seems crisper as well. I'm really pleased with the results. I had been using the 41.09 drivers and they simply do not work as well on my system. I did not have to uninstall the old drivers. Just used the auto-install on the 29.42 - no prob.Thanks Shane, Adam

Guest groundpounder75

>To the original post...>That has GOT to be with the none detailed default scenery and >almost no AI!>Try taking a trip to my FSPainter/PAI dominated Heathrow! That will >bring your frame rates to it's knees!>I just can't understand it if someone who has 200MHZ more than I do >could have like 3 times the frame rates!>Please reply if it is under those AI/scenery conditionsI have to agree. I have a 1.8MHz P4 with 512Mb of RAM and and using a G3Ti500 (64M) and I am using the 24.92 drivers. I haven't changed to any other version of drivers and I am running with all the sliders maxed and I average around 30 FPS until I hit LAX or ATL with 100% Ai traffic and then the FPS nose dive to about 5 or 6 FPS. I don't think there is much you can do when running full Ai and have a ton of flight plans installed.

Guest ScottPilot

OK, I have a question. Will the 29.42's support the multi-monitor features of the Geforce 4 MX 440 cards? I use dual monitors and I need the Nview capabilities.I currently use the 30.82's and get descent FPS in MSFS, but I need the features of Nview for the multiple monitors.Anyone else running two monitors off the Geforce 4 card with the 29.42 drivers? If so, how is it working?Thanks,Scott :-)

Guest sunstriker

HiAs I run a GF3 I too have changed to these driversI also have another tip; have you tried the hyperion 4 in 1 drivers for via from www.viaarena (only for some! read the info there before using) I swear these have improved my system. As for 2942 they also seem to have improved the focus in VFR scenery I can see the odd car and truck on the roads now from 2000 feet and the buildings seem to be more clear.With regard to fps I only get 25 or so , now locked at 21, and only 4-5 with full AI at Heathrow etc.Im gonna upgrade big style 1 day soonSun

Sorry for not responding earlier, I was at work! :)Those framerates are at airports that are NOT default. I keep AI traffic at 100% (what's the use of going to LAX with NO AI? LOL).I use almost all of the GMAX sceneries available as freeware and quite a few of the freeware FSDS sceneries. My AI traffic is a mixture of project AI and aircraft from Mike Stone. I don't usually go to EGLL (I think it is) but I do go to LAX quite often and my FPS is still quite high (maybe a 2-3 FPS loss, certainly not much). Most of the flying I do is in the U.S., I don't go to Europe that much, if ever (I'm probably missing out on a LOT but I have no idea where I'm going! LOL)I think one fo the reasons my system runs so well is, besides the 29.42s, I am not bottlenecking anywhere. My system is pretty even across the boards. I see a lot of people who may lack in processor speed but have an insanely fast graphics card. This as many of you already know will NOT give you a huge performance increase. In order to see good increases in overall performance you have to have a "well rounded" system. Having an XP1800 with a Radeon 9700 Pro ain't going to do you much good. It may help, but try using the same graphics card with an XP2700....the processor balances out the graphics card. It's the same as having an XP2700 with a GF3 TI500 (my card) I'm not going to see that much of a performance increase because my graphics card is lacking. I have seen people with an XP2600/A7N8X combo and they are using a GF4 MX440 graphics card........#####? LOLI only upgrade about once every 1.5-2 years. And when I do, I comeletely rebuild my system (minus the Hard Drive, network card, sound card...wait is that completely rebuilt?? lol) I try to find a decent processor, decent video card, and a decent motherboard. I DON'T go spend $600 on a processor and motherboard and then $100 on a video card....that doesn't make any sense. Basically, I don't "skimp" on half my system so I can get a REALLY fast video card or vice versa. If you do that you'll find yourself having to upgrade things every few months and in the long run you'll end up spending a LOT more and getting a LOT less. If you look at my system specs there isn't really anything that jumps right out making you say, "that's why he gets that kind of performance!!!!".I understand that some people out there can't afford to "completely update their systems" but if you actually look at how I do it you will find yourself saving money and increasing performance! Just the other day I was over at a store that builds custome PCs by where I live and I was speaking with a guy I know and he told me that he had a guy just come in a few days ago that is having them build him a PIV 3.06 ghz, Radeon 9700 Pro, with 1gb of PC3200 (I believe it was) system. I asked the guy why???????? He said, and I quote, "he likes to play games and he wants to stay ahead of the curve". He then laughed and said, "some people will never learn". He went on to tell me that it is the same guy who came in 6-8 months ago and wanted an XP2200 with all the bells and whistles. "People like that guy keep us in business and keep the prices of video cards and other equipment high. It will always cost this much as long as people are willing to upgrade everytime something new comes out.....and far be it from me to tell him otherwise, if he wants to spend money I'm certainly not going to say anything to desuade him". So I guess my only suggestion to people out there would be next time you see a $400 video card come out instead of getting just the video card and then having to spend $300 more for another processor when you find out you don't see an overall improvement, go out and buy a $250 processor and a $250 video card....you'll be a lot happier in the long run, and you just saved yourself $200 for miscellaneous things you may want to add later :) :)Hopefully this helps some people!!!(WOW DO I RAMBLE!!!!)P.S. Glad these drivers helped some of you out there!!! :) :)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3