Sign in to follow this  
Guest apieper

Misconception about carbon structure on ABACUS Dreamliner

Developers at ABACUS haven't seen pictures of advanced Carbon Fiber Gliders (in existance for about 20 years). The type of wing flex shown on Boeing's renders of the Dreamliner reflext Carbon Fiber wings and their typical flex when in flight. It will not stay in that ridiculous position on the ground as is shown on the review, that is a misconception. I hope they fix that. A.Pieper

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i don't think they've seen pictures at all. It has a 767 nose, the window textures don'tline up and the engines are too big and missing their very distinctive feature.Actually, not only did they not look - they didn't try. I hate to think how many people are being ripped off when the money could be spent so easily on other great pay products.i posted a message in a similar vein (albeit i notice wrong forum...oops) about the review but it hasn't been posted yet/it was too critical (i don't know, i don't come on here much).

Abacus are clearly on typical form. I have to say that what is most surprising about the review is the review itself; it's rather generous in many respects.Worst offenders:- The external visual model is nothing short of horrific; there's clearly been no effort made whatsoever.- The 2D panel looks like a typical freeware FS2000 panel addon.I can see that the reviewer is trying to justify the nausea-inducing visual model by extolling the virtues of high frame rates. I've seen better AI models...