Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

T37 Tweet

Well done Michael - pretty good review!It's such a pity that this is one aeroplane that doesn't get advertised very well, and most people are therefore unaware that it exists. I've been flying her for a year or two, now, and have enjoyed every minute of it! The panel is so very different from that of the average ga aircraft, isn't it? I find it SO immersive; doing aerobatics by "flying on the wing" is so rewarding when you "ace" a particular maneouver - and I love the "correctness" of the sounds; you can almost feel the turbulence as the brake extends. Yes - I have had issues with that barn door, too - but I think it is caused by a very finnicky install, and if improperly loaded, started and shutdown, it will give you lots of starting problems on the next flight, too, but overall - it's one of my favourites. I fly it out of Flight Scenery's FZ01 - Quonset State airbase. Considering the miles I've flown in this girl - I think she is well worth the price. Fabulous; pjOne happy camper.:-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest DocW

Thank you for your kind and encouraging critic. We both obviously agree on the quality of the plane. I received a mail from one of the developers stating that they will bring back their forums and they will pick up support again. If so - which has to confirmed by other customers - I think they will have a standing with their product. Indeed, the web page was updated meanwhile. I can understand that none of them does plane modelling for a living and it is very hard to keep support running.The lack of advertising - or any other public hint - for that plane surprised me as well. Ironically, first thing I did when I stumbled across their page was searching for an AVSIM review which I couldn't find - well, somehow I slipped into business thereafter.

Guest vsb_rotorblade

I have a question, since there is this review here of someone who has this for FSX how come their website says nothing about FSX compatibility nor does the installer work with FSX? How did the reviewer get this to work? The 73mb file he's talking about sounds like the FS2002 file. The FS9 file is 93 MB and includes version 1.04. I guess it sounds like the reviewer had a different experience than what I perceive. I am hesitant about purchasing this because I am not sure if what is available for download is compatible with FSX.The more I try to answer my questions the more I understand the reviewers comment about "apparent lack of support".

Guest DocW

Sorry, rereading the header of my review I realise that this is not true. The Tweet IS NOT compatible with FSX (at least the producer says so and I never tried). The mentioned dual install is refered to a FS 2002/FS 2004 dual install. My review was done on FS9, but I never stated that clearly. Sorry for that.I missed the header with the compatibility statement for FSX - this is wrong. I will ask to correct this ASAP. (Robert ?)

Guest DocW

>The 73mb file he's>talking about sounds like the FS2002 file. The FS9 file is 93>MB and includes version 1.04. they changed the installers meanwhile the review was published. The update 1.04 was seperate and now they offer one big file.

Hi there;1) I may well be blind - forgive me if so, but I didn't see anywhere in Michael's review where he says he is running it in FSX. ??2) It's been a while since I ran the Tweet in FS10, as I normally "soak" myself into a particular aircraft for months on end, before switching to another: I believe I moved the Tweet directly from FS9 into Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAiplanes without any issues, other than some strange starting problems which I think I got around by reselecting the aircraft a second time. I will verify all of this when I get home tonight - but I do believe she works ok in FSX.3) From my experience with the Tweet update system, Michael did the review based upon the "first install v 1.2, then each upgrade, one after the other". This system is now replaced by a single installer, which installs 1.4. 4) Given the pleasure this aircraft has given me - I would gladly pay another $30 for an FSX updated version if I had to. It's one of the top seven or eight aircraft in the (ok - my) FS world. Regards

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.