Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

Sky Unlimited Hurricane Review

I like this add-on product, and I felt the review did it justice. My only issue would be the reviewer's comment about the P8 compass. Rather than being half functional, it is in fact completely unrealistic, consequently almost impossible to use.The real P8 compass needle points north, like any other compass. There is no rotating compass card. Instead, a movable bezel is provided to adjust the scale to north, using the marked lines as a guide, then the heading can be read at the top of the scale. Alternatively, set the bezel so the desired heading is at the top, then fly so the needle points to N on the bezel.In the sim, the compass points to aircraft heading on a compass scale around the fixed bezel with north at the top. Worse than useless.Instead, you can use the gyro Direction Indicator on the panel, which reads heading correctly, rather like an expanded whiskey compass.The location of the P8 compass makes it difficult to use in a PC sim anyway, so the incorrect simulation is not a major problem. Just ignore its indications.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg